Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A day of variety..........

I got up....and looking out side, the clouds were quickly covering the rising sun.......and it wasn't too much longer....a couple of hours...before the rains and the thunder began. Not a lasting rain, not a lasting storm.....as by noon, the clouds were leaving and the bright, clear blue sky emerged and the rest of the day was a bit steamy....and in the lower 80's!!!!! Another day for wearing shorts....yeah!!!!

This morning.....I just puttered around, did a lot of reading online, sitting at the bar with my steaming French Roast cup of coffee right beside me.... Later morning I placed a phone call to my long time friend from my USAF chapter of my Life......he lives in Pennsylvania and so I wanted to know if he had voted yet! HAHAHA.......he said that he had, but because of all of the media around, he went and got a haircut before going to the polls....hahaa!!! It was good to talk to him....we don't do that enough these days.

The afternoon was spent in planting a few flowers, going to the farm store where I bought some grass seed and a bale of straw to cover up the new seeds in the ground. Then......it was time for our evening guests....David and Sue.

As they did last week, we watched American Idol and Dancing WT Stars.....and then we finished the pictures of our Egypt and Jordan trip last fall. It is always fun to have them here.....and we always finish off a bottle or two of some vino while they are around.

As it is getting late.....I will bring my cloudy thoughts to a close before I say something to bother someone that I don't even know. Tomorrow, it is supposed to be more rain and storms....and then on Thursday morning I have to be in Festus at the surgery center for my cystoscopy....an unpleasant procedure from what I am told. I DO hope that they really knock me out COLD for this!!!!! UGH!!!! Doubt it could be any worse than when they went up me twice in one week in search of those nasty kidney stones which I had about 10-12 years ago. Just as I wrote about it a couple of days ago.......it will be a "Fantastic Voyage"....but just not for ME!!!!

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: