Thursday, May 01, 2008

Busy all day......and feeling VERY PROUD of Rachel!!!!

UGH!!!!! I was up at 5:30 this morning......began the coffee brewing process....and then completed my morning rituals. Then......the 1st Lady was up and getting ready and by 7:15 we were on the road to Cape. We picked up Becky....and spent the morning and early afternoon visiting Mike.

Dropping Becky off at the house, the 1st Lady and I then went to LensCrafters to get my "new" pair of sunglasses, a replacement for the ones that I have had for several months. I have never been able to have them adjusted so that they fit correctly, so last month they ordered me a different pair....and today I needed to pick them up. And that I did........

Not sure I am satisfied with them.....these are the dark blue/green lenses...and the ones I had were the amber, which I really did like. Perhaps I will adjust to them........a couple of days might do the trick, however.......rain is returning tomorrow.....UGH, again!!!!

After getting the glasses, the 1st Lady and I hurried over to Applebee's for a quick lunch. Oh by the way....I was pleasantly surprised at my sandwich........the Bruschetta Hamburger on focacia bread with the usual tomato, onion, basil, etc., etc and chunks of mozzarella cheese. Yep.....this is a hamburger that I will order again.......it was prepared perfectly and was really nice and browned and yet....very juicy!!!! YUM!!!! Perhaps....perhaps I just got lucky with this one???

Then we rushed over to the Jefferson Elementary School to attend our granddaughter, Rachel's graduation .......from 4th grade. Yep......they had a small, but nice little graduation as these fourth graders are going to Middle School next fall. We were particularly proud as the school had had competition to design the T-shirts for the "graduates" to wear today.......and Rachel's design WON!!!!! And....so all of the kids were wearing "her" t-shirts!!!!

She has done really well this year.....her first year in school in the Cape school district. She has won a few other competitions in various fields, as well as do some outstanding work with her creative writing talents!!!! The 1st Lady and I are sooooooo PROUD of RACHEL!!!!!

Returning to the stick and brick........we just kicked back and watched "Survivor" and a few other shows on the tellie. And soooooo, it feels good to not have any scheduled activity tomorrow........and with the rains expected, perhaps it will be a lazy day???? (I doubt it!)

A good day.....a day to be very proud........a day to be certain that.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: