Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Never Fear.....Howser is Still Here!!!

You know......I just do not know where the days and the time goes to.......just cannot figure it out!!! Yesterday?? I just hung out around the stick and brick yesterday morning.....and then went to Farmington for a Dr.'s appointment........not a plumbing problem, but problem with my right shoulder and upper arm muscles.....one that has been giving me some pain and problems since we arrived in the RGV in Texas on January 2nd. It just seemed to be something, in my mind anyway, that would go away eventually.......wwwweeeeeelllllllll, it hasn't! I realize it almost every night when I wake up several times as I somehow turn my sagging hulk over from one side to another....and the pain awakens me quite sharply!!!

Sooooo, after getting an appt. for yesterday, I met with our family physician for about a half hour. We discussed briefly the progress that is being made(I hope) with the plumbing problem and then began an in-depth discussion of my shoulder, my thoughts as to what might have caused it (30 years of directing bands????), and what path we will take to determine the medical problem. Soooo, the first step is for x-rays.......and then we will meet again to discuss what the films show..............

Returning to the stick and brick........I had a former student on piano stop by....he had called and we set up this appointment time. He is a student at SEMO and is majoring in music with piano as his major instrument........and we discussed in detail some of the questions he had about this occupation. Hopefully, I was able to give him some points to ponder....... He had always been a good student on piano, even though he was a home schooled student. He has his Associates Degree from Mineral Area College and is now moving forward with his plans for his career at SEMO.

The evening....???? Sue and David had called and once again, invited us out to dinner as she had some new recipes that she was "trying out" on us. So, we spent the evening out there with them. Returning home, the 1st Lady and I watched the Tivo'd "AMERICAN IDOL".......and enjoyed it immensely.

And sooooo, yesterday....Tuesday......slipped by all toooo quickly.........

TODAY????

The 1st Lady was up and off by 9AM......going to see her personal Dentist.....Dr. Jeni!!! And then....she plans to remain overnight there with her, Darrel, and Meghan and Ava. She will return tomorrow after a shopping spree in STL.

Me????? Today was a nasty day....drizzle, clouds, dampness, etc., etc., etc......all of the elements that affect our state of Misery. Soooo, I napped, read, watched some tellie..........had a couple of Bologna sandwiches for supper........and then "AMERICAN IDOL"!!!!! I knew it would be Davd and David who made it through to the Finals........but, all three should have no trouble in making a career with their amazing and wonderful talents!!!

Hey........do you KNOW what the number...."250".... means today???????????????? WOW....it is only 250 days until we will no longer be a "leaderless nation".......no longer having to live in shame with, and from, the present Bush and Co. Administration! We are all suffering from their decisions(if that is what they can be called), their constant spouting of spin (lies), and the complete collapse of America as we once knew it.....and as the world once knew it. We are no longer held as a country that others would like to model ( be like ) themselves.......we do not have any respect from most of the entire world, and we are beginning to sink in the mire and mud that the Bush and Co. have left for us to wallow in. ONLY 250 DAYS TO GO!!!!!! ( I hope we make it!!)

Tomorrow????? No plans......a few items to take care of to keep the stick and brick on an even keel, but.......nothing earth-shattering.......however, as you know that I always see the glass as being half-full (of dark red medicine...heehee)...........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: