Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The rains have arrived........for the rest of the week?????

WOW.......am I exhausted tonight!!! I spent most of the day in the yard.......digging dirt, removing some grass, cleaning out old and faded red mulch, and then restoring all of the above, except for the grass. I planted flowers, spread out the new mulch, and then restored some of the large rocks that we have collected around the country and Canada by putting them into the area with the new plants. After being on my knees, pawing and digging like a dog looking for a bone, my body tonight is just a bit weary, to say the very least!

Earlier this morning I had made a run to Wal-Mart and then to the little greenhouse outside of town where I normally purchase our annuals, in particular....geraniums with red flowers. I purchased some really BIG ones at the greenhouse and OMG, but they were CHEAPER than the small ones in W-M!!! Sooooo....I purchased several of these to plant at the entrance to the stick and brick.

Since it was 5 o'clock somewhere, I cheated on the CDT clock and had some dark red medicine a little earlier than usual..........to ease the muscle pain a bit. We were just about to start a warm-up supper with a few left-overs....when the phone rang.....and it was Sue Hanner....and said she had toooooo much pasta and would we run out and help them dispose of this hot food! And.....sooo, we postponed our supper and as I grabbed a new bottle of dark red medicine, we headed out the door and over to their house.

We had a great little salad, some wonderful spinach and mushroom pasta, a couple of glasses of dark red vino, and then we departed. WHY ?????? Because the Hanner family had to leave for a Jr. High Concert where their grandson was performing........and we returned to our stick and brick.

Watching American Idol.......the competition gets tighter, except for Jason....and he needs to go tomorrow night!!! The final three are all great!!! Any and all can make it with the right manager and pr team......

And now......my focus all evening has been on the Primary contests in N. Carolina and Indiana....and as I write, I am still waiting for the results of the Indiana primary and waiting for the northwest Lake County of Indiana......and it should go heavily for Obama!!! WOW......this is a real "edge of your seat" evening......love it!!!! Of course, most of you already know my feelings for this .....and so, I won't take the step of getting off of the sofa and up onto my large soapbox to make any statements!!!!

Tomorrow....rain, and Thurs...rain....and all weekend, it is expected...as of now. Tomorrow evening up to 1-2 inches.......will my newly planted flowers drown????? UGH!!! But, anyway.......we'll see as time goes on......and nevertheless,

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: