Thursday, May 15, 2008

UGH!!!!!! RAIN and more RAIN!!!

I awoke this morning to the sound of the rain outside the window pane......glad it was OUTside and not inside....haha!! Anyway......until late, late this afternoon the rains continued to come down....not "raining cats and dogs", but a steady downpour all day long. Oh well.......we will be wishing we had some of this rain in a few weeks.......

And.....due to the rain, I elected to take care of some things that needed to be done.....such as downloading the 2009 North America updates to my new Garmin GS. This took much, much longer than I had thought it would....."whew". First I downloaded, as instructed by the website online....and this took right at two hours. Then when I tried to put the download on the Garmin....it wouldn't go!!! And so began a series of phone calls to Garmin, attempting to connect with the right "person" .....and this process took almost two hours. FINALLY, I reached the right real person after "holding" for 35 minutes!!!! OMG.......then, after explaining the problem.....I had to download the entire update once again, but only after the "Garmin Guy" on the phone took control of MY computer to try to locate what had happened to the first download.....hahaha......sure was interesting to watch my my monitor and see him running the cursor around, looking for that file!!!! Anyway.......after the second download.....I was able to get it onto the Garmin, albeit another two hour procedure!!!!!!!

Then......I worked on getting my XM Radio up and going again as we had let the subscription slip and this took several phone calls to reach the "right person" so that I could get re-instated. Then....another hour plus to get the satellite to update my radio and get me back up and going again on XM!!!

WOW......what a couple of tasks that go on and on and on for hours can do for passing time on a rainy day!! Before I knew it.....the day was over and the 1st Lady had returned from Dr. Jeni's and STL.

So, as she walked in front of the window with her arms loaded with many various things, I jumped up to go open the front door.....and CRAP(with a capital S)....I turned over my half full glas of dark red medicine all over the new silver gray carpet in the media room!!!!!! OMG.....it was a long streak of about THREE FEET across the carpet. Well......my mouth exploded in expletives and I ran for the paper towels and a sponge. The two hours plus were spent in quickly checking the internet for solutions to this major, major problem of a dark red stain on the new carpet. And......we worked and worked and tried a couple of different solutions that we located......and it IS much better than at first........we can't really tell until the carpet completely dries. Am I in the dog house????? Well, let's just say that things could be better around here this evening!!!!!

No.....I will not get on my soapbox this evening....as I did last night.....hahaha!!! I DID hear from one reader who must be a part of that small and dwindling 18% of our country who believe that our elected leaders in Washington DC ARE headed in the right direction...........And that is what makes our country so wonderful......we.....everyone of us.....can publicly speak our opinions, our feelings, about our government and our elected leaders!!!!! When I was in Egypt....Cairo.....this past November, a sales clerk in a "tourist shop" in the Ramses Hilton Hotel where were staying began a conversation with me about the USA's government and the Egyptian government....and then all of a sudden he stopped in mid-sentence and whispered that he shouldn't be making such statements as their government was "always listening" to their people. He was extremely bothered by what had occurred with our conversation, so I thanked him for assisting me in his shop and immediately left and went out into the very busy lobby/reception area of the hotel. Soooo, as I stated above.......no matter how much we can disagree with the way different things are being done by our government, we CAN express our opinions openly, just as this individual from the West Coast expressed his feelings toward me and my "anti american rants". (Sure wish he had capitalized the word "american" in his comments!!!!!)

The older I become, the more I realize how very, very differently each of us sees, hears, and feels about Life. We all come from different backgrounds, educational levels, religions, regions of the country, and experiences.......and all of these things influence and affect the way we see, hear, and feel about everything in Life. And it is these discussions, conversations, and writings which we have with others that invigorate and stimulate our minds as we learn and get to know about so many other human beings and the way THEY are seeing, hearing, and feeling. WOW......the more people I meet and talk with and get to know from here in our country and from all of the places that I have visited in those 45 countries around the world.......the more I LOVE Life!!!!! And.....it makes me know for certain that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: