Sunday, May 11, 2008

Saturday and Sunday's weekend posts.......

Hmmmm……you didn’t hear from this blogger yesterday, did you??? Nope…..and I must apologize as here at the home of the 1st Lady’s mother……it just didn’t work out for me to online: the wifi that I have been piggybacking onto was having some difficulties staying hooked to cyberspace…..weather related problems!!!

Yesterday……it was just sort of a lay around, watch the weather become worse and worse, listen to the weather reports, check the radar online(when I could get online), run to the grocery store, eat, snack, eat, snack, lay around, take a nap, read the online newspapers(when I could get online),and then eat some more. OMG……this sagging hulk of me is sagging EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don’t try to get a visual of me…..it is not pretty……DAMN!!! This week I must cut back, work more, get more exercise, and not eat so damn much!!!

Sooooo, what did I do today??????? Read the above paragraph and you pretty much have the sum total of my activities today, too!!!! And…..to make matters worse, my mother-in-law made a pot roast with some great carrots, potatoes, noodles, and gravy. Yep…..a HUGE amount of delicious food to add to the sagging part of my hulk. AND….then, the 1st Lady made a loaf of Banana Bread……..OMG…..I cannot resist that. Help….Help….Help……do not feed the Sagging Hulk of Me!!!!!!

OK…..so, we leave under the cover of darkness in the morning…..so that way no one will see me dragging my sagging hulk out the door here!! And also…..we have to drop Jay off at the STL airport by 7am so he can catch his flight to New Orleans at 8am. I am a bit concerned as he insists that we do not need to leave until 5am…..as he is not used to the commuter traffic on Monday mornings going into STL in I-70.……but, since I am only the driver(IF I can get my sagging hulk behind the wheel….or stuffed under it), I‘ll follow his orders. Soooo, it is not me that has to catch a flight….just him. I guess since he is in charge of the campaign operation there, he can jolly well walk in whenever he gets there…..right? With 20 others working in the complex of offices there…….and 80 more to be hired in the next month to fan out across the state……..he is the man in charge!!!

I have had several emails, phone calls, etc, etc from across the country wondering about us….with the terrible storms that crossed the southern part of our state of Misery. Since we were up here, we really missed most of the action….but, hopefully, there wasn’t too much in F’town. Haven’t had any calls from down there telling us that our place is not what it was yesterday morning, so suppose we escaped the furies of the winds.

I am posting this early……will get some help…..to get my sagging hulk onto the bed a bit earlier this evening. It has been a good weekend…..very enjoyable to have several very good conversations about politics with Jay….especially since he is “in the loop” for a lot of info we don’t hear about from the media. And soooooo…..

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!……And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: