Monday, May 12, 2008

WHAT a LONG DAY!!!!!!!!

OMG......I hardly slept last night.....kept waking my sagging hulk to check on the time on my cell phone. There was no alarm clock in the house of my mother-in-law, so I use my cell phone. Anyway....after a night of tossing and turning, checking my little cell phone, sleeping a few minutes and then waking up again. UGH!!!! Soooo, when 3:45 rolled around I pulled myself up and out of the bed, staggered into the shower and stood there attempting to bring myself back to the real world......if there is such a place at this ungodly time of the morning(??).

Soon I had the coffee perking....and then at 4:15, I began to try to rouse Jay and the 1st Lady....not an easy task. But....by 4:45am, we were struggling to get into the car....and two hours later I was pulling into the airport in STL and five minute later, Jay was in the terminal and we were on I-70 and going to I-270 to drive south to F'Town.

We stopped in Festus at Panera Bread for breakfast. For the first time for myself......I was able to get one of their hot Spinach and artichoke heart egg souffles. WOW!!!!!! Oh SOO GOOD!!!! If you have not had one of these at Panera Bread........get yourself there in the mornings for breakfast and make certain you order one of these......I do not think you will be sorry!!! YUM, YUM!!!

We made a quick stop in Farmington so I could get all 68 of the hairs on my head shortened. Ohhhh, did I not tell you that I LOST one of my hairs from my head????? WOE IS ME!!!!! Only 68 hairs left.....what to do, what to do???? Anyway, my usual and favorite hair trimmers was not there, so I took the only person there and NEVER again!!!!! I looked like I have had my head under a lawn mower.........she did a horrific job. UGH....DAMN!!!! Guess they will grow out.....just hope I don't croak before they do grow. However.......don't plan to be on exhibit in some Victorian decorated funeral home anyway.

We were home by 9:30am.....and after a quick cup of coffee, I was out on the lawn.....and about five hours later I had finished mowing and picking up tons and tons of limbs and sticks and twigs from the very strong winds that blew through here while we were gone over the weekend. Must have been QUITE a storm!!!!!

From that time on........I have been in misery....and not our state. My bones and muscles are screaming loudly from the bending, raking, bending, mowing, bending, and many other physical tasks that today's yard work required. Sure hope the Excedrin begins to kick in quickly. Even a couple of doses of my dark red medicine has not seemed to work to quiet these damn screaming muscles.

Watched the semi-finals of Dancing With the Stars............hmmmm, I don't quite agree with the three "judges". Obviously...they are the pros and see moves and lines and attitudes and footwork that I don't focus upon, but sure don't agree with them some times.

And soooooo, this day has stretched into a very, very long day.......beginning last night when I tried to sleep! Tonight? Well, I sure hope and I sure expect to sleep and do some catching up on the missed sleep that I didn't get last night.

Other than the freakish hair trim I had today..........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: