Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ahhhh, what a beautiful and busy day.....

WOW.....the alarm went off early. I had to be at the County Health Clinic by 7am this morning, without food or coffee...UGH!!!! I needed to take a cholesterol test(?)......find out what my numbers are. And.....by 7:15 I was back home and making my French Roast coffee....whew....sure needed that.

Then I read the online newspapers over my coffee, had my breakfast, and then when the 1st Lady managed to get herself into a vertical position, I got cleaned up, made the bed.......all part of my morning rituals.

Later in the morning.....we rode our bicycles to the city center to the Library where she picked up some unread books for the coming week. Riding back....it was tooooo much of a hill to get back up to the stick and brick, so we had to walk our bikes up........how shameful!!!

A quick lunch....and then I talked with the Goldsmith's and we decided to go out for dinner tonight........been a LONG, LONG, LONG time since we have done that!

Then for a couple of hours this afternoon, I began mowing the lawn......and managed to get about 3/4's of it completed......and my plans are to finish it tomorrow.......hopefully!!! A quick shower.....and soon it was time to go pick up Mike and Melissa.

Off we went to Farmington.....and decided to have dinner at "12 West".....a very nice restaurant with a cool, contemporary decor. Mike and Melissa had steaks....and the 1st Lady and I had pasta. Hers was with shrimp.....and mine was Tortellini filled with provolone cheese and proscuitto .........wow!! It was GREAT!!!!

Returning to our stick and brick, Mike and I opened a bottle of Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon, 2003. Really, really good.....!!!! We almost finished it off this evening.....something we haven't done in many, many years!! We visited, discussed, and enjoyed talking about many various subjects that we wanted to bring to each other's thoughts......!

And now......the 1st Lady and I are getting ready to leave after lunch for St Louis where we will meet Dr. Jeni and girls.....and then drive on up to Chicago. It will be a busy couple of days.....I have several former students who I want to see.....just hope we can get it all scheduled in!!!!

I had a phone call from a former student in band.....and who was also a very fine piano student. He is doing graduate work in Mathematics at the University of Illinois-Chicago......and I hadn't heard from him in several years......GREAT to talk with him! Anyway....we will try to get together this weekend while I am up there. A couple of others also have to be worked in.........

And soooooo, a beautiful day....a fun day......a wonderful meal with incredible friends.......and good plans for the weekend in Chicago! Yep.............quite frankly without a doubt......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Have fun in Chicago, we just got back! You may not see this in time--but I highly recommend Bobby's Bike Hike--they do leisurely bike tours on some Schwinn cruisers all around the lake shore--we loved it. :-)