Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hmmmm......was there a "yesterday"???

OMG.......the day before today...."yesterday".....came and went, not without it's little bumps in the road, but it did go by in a quick flash....with a great deal of rain falling, making it a nasty day to be outside!

I had an appointment with the local tire sales and service business, not for the truck or the car, but for "TheHowserHouse". Let me first make a very clear statement: I AM mechanically challenged, to put it very, very mildly!!!!! You can give me most musical instruments and I can fix, repair, tune, etc., etc. without much trouble or thought, but put a vehicle with a problem in front of me, or under me, and I am almost as bumbling an idiot as our "Mission Accomplished" President!!

As you may recall last month I received new axles, springs, four new tires, etc., etc. due to the fact that the axles that were originally on the RV were defective and had ruined 2-3 of the tires that were on it and they only had 9000 miles on them! Sooooo, thinking that the old hubs and ball bearings were still on there.....I wanted the bearings repacked and made ready to go for the next 6000 miles or so that we will travel this summer......hence, the appt. for yesterday.....to take care of that not-so-small task.

Well.............when the first wheel and hub came off, there were bright, tiny, shavings of some metal along the area of the SEALED bearings. First....these bearings cannot be repacked or the entire sealed ring has to be purchased and installed......DUH!!! But, the shavings could not be accounted for.......!!!! AND....these hubs and sealed bearings were NEW as they did come with the new axles!!! DUH!!!!! Soooooo, nothing could be done, nor did anything need be done with the bearings, HOWEVER..........the mystery of the metal shavings AND when reinstalled, the hub was producing a grinding/rubbing sound when it was spun around!!!! NOT GOOD!!!!! The service technician believe that there IS a bearing problem....perhaps not enough grease...etc, etc., etc. Sooooo, reinstalled it was...and I pulled TheHowserHouse back to it's resting place in our driveway.

Hmmmm....what to do?? First I called a Cedar Creek RV Owner's Club member.....knowing that he had much the same problem with his axles.....and he felt very certain that I needed to contact the Cedar Creek Factory....again. Soooo, I called the man who is in charge of service problems on the RV's.....no answer, but a message was left......and then I emailed him.....and then I wrote a letter and faxed it to him!! Yep......I was determined to get to him yesterday afternoon!!

In less than an hour after the faxed letter, I had a phone call from the factory that makes the axeles!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, that call began several hours of phone calls from them to me......and from me to them......and.....the results????? They are sending a service technician from northeastern Indiana out here to check on TheHowserHouse's axles, hubs, bearings, etc., etc., etc.!!!!!!!!!! And, he will be here in the next two days!!! I had told them that under no circumstances would I even consider towing it to any dealer where I could get it serviced. Our Cedar Creek RV Owners Club has already had one member who had a bearing go out.....and his tire/wheel went flying off while he was towing the HUGE 5th wheel down the highway!!!!!!!!! Luckily, he managed to control the RV and brought it to a stop on the side of the road.....without any injuries to him or his wife.

Sooooo, I am quite satisfied with this immediate service from the company that made the axles!!!! I feel that if there is a serious problem.......I, too, was quite lucky in being soooooo damned challenged about the mechanics of the entire situation which sent me to our local tire dealer!!!!!!! Hmmmmm................

So, by this time......it was time for a light supper.....and several doses of my dark red medicine to help me wash away the tension of the problem, the phone calls for a few hours, and the entire nasty weather day!!! And then.......it was time to watch the results of the previous night's episode of American Idol. AND.........THANK GOD.....the voters called it correctly and voted out Jason Castro!!!!! Now.....as to the remaining three very, very talented singers.......any of the three can be the/an "American Idol" as far as I am concerned!!!!! And then........I fell asleep on the sofa....and stumbled into a horizontal position in bed a couple of hours later.......

It had been a busy day.....a busy "yesterday".

TODAY!!!!!

OMG......I never stopped all day...........this evening the 1st Lady is having her sorority....Beta Sigma Phi.......at the house for their twice monthly meeting. Soooooo, the day was spent in doing some major cleaning, sweeping, wiping, dusting, straightening, re-arranging, preparing a light dessert,...etc., etc., etc. And now I find myself assigned to the den, with the door closed, with the tellie turned QUITE LOW......and hoping that I do not have to make any necessary trip to the necessary room, as I will not be in the den tomorrow, but in the proverbial "dog house"!!!! However........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: