Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hmmmm.......a day of.....???

As usual, when the stick and brick is occupied by only my evolving, sagging hulk.....I seem to sleep longer and then remain in bed just thinking.....not certain why, but it just happens. I know that once I am awake when the 1st Lady is here, then I slowly and quietly slip(?) out of bed and go out to the kitchen/patio room, make my French Roast coffee, and then read the morning papers that are online. Perhaps when she isn't here I just can wiggle and squirm around more after I wake up.....???? Who knows.....who really cares?

After doing all of the above this morning, I took care of my morning rituals....being doing them since I first began shaving daily when in the 7th grade.....UGH!!!! And, UGH AGAIN!!!!! In my evolving processes.....I just didn't lose my body's hair.....haha!!! Then.......I spent some time enjoying my coffee and catching up on the problems and troubles of the world, along with any other news that made it to the print status.

After that.....I had my "to do" orders...errr,...list....to take care and the majority of it involved locating some fresh strawberries and grapes, along with other necessities at a grocery. And, of course.....living in a small, rural community, it took two various shopping facilities before I could locate everything that was on that list....and there was NOTHING exotic on the list. We for some ungodly reason, we cannot seem to have anything "fresh" in the way of fruits and veggies in this town.......at the local grocery the strawberries were either not fully ripe or they were a bit moldy....and the grapes were ready to be classified as raisins. DAMN!!!! But.....lucky for me, Wal-Mart had some of each that were....well,.....usable in a fruit salad.

Returning to the stick and brick on the hill, I then had another cup of Fr. Roast.....and then began cleaning this place....not that it was dirty(how could it with just ME here all week?), but we will be pretty busy for the next 9-10 days around here. Finishing that/those tasks......I then moved outside....

And, to TheHowserHouse that is sitting patiently in my driveway.....awaiting the day when it can be pulled down/up the highways to a new location for a few days. On the return trip home from the Rio Grande Valley, we went over some horrendous concrete highways in Louisiana and again in Arkansas......and when we began to unload the bedroom, we discovered that the metal/aluminum clothes rack attached the shelf above it the double closet had pulled loose and the rack with the hanger slots in it had bent with the weight of the hang-ups. Sooooo, I had already picked up some small screws.....and for the next hour or so, I worked at getting the rack straight....and then getting it screwed back to that shelf in the double closet. I re-enforced it with extra screws and now I do believe it is fixed.

The 1st Lady returned about 2pm....and then we sat about to prepare some food for an afternoon meal that we will be doing tomorrow afternoon. She put together a large casserole of Lasagna and a few other things......and then together we watched the last two nights of American Idol.....which the 1st Lady's mother does not get on her satellite......go figure!!!

Last night's show was just really outstanding!!!!!!!! It was such a production and those young people were really professionals on that huge stage!!! I was sooooo damned impressed.....and even became a bit emotional from time to time during the evening. I was so GLAD that David Cook was the winner.......he is so "at home" on stage with a sense of maturity in his performances, in his stage presence, and in his ability to "chat" with anyone while on stage in front of millions and millions of people. He DOES seem soooo sincere and such a caring individual.....and it was so noticed by the way he deferred to Little David all evening and even more so, after it was announced that he, himself, had become the American Idol. He did come across through the tellie as a really, really nice guy!!!!

This evening, the 1st Lady was gone to her sorority meeting.......I believe this is the final one of the spring. Her mother, having seen the surgeon yesterday, was told that she is not a candidate, as of now, for any surgery on her aneurysm. Her MRI/CAT scans are being sent to the company that makes the stents that can be inserted into the aorta in the abdomen where her problem is located. However, they don't make all sizes of them as of now.....a fairly new procedure, so we will just wait and see....about a month. However,.......the "not a candidate for surgery" still has to be faced.....and realized that she is 84 and has not been in good health for many years. Hmmmmm........the aneurysm is measurable and it is not small, sooooooo........things are not good from what I can ascertain.

And soooooo, another "day of....???" has passed. Not an unpleasant day, but a day of knowing, that no matter how dire things can seem...........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, my grandfather had a stent put in his abdomen for just this problem, it took forever to get this done and we had to fight tooth and nail, even getting special "permission" for an overseas procedure to be done in STL. We were convinced they thought he would just eventually die if they kept prolonging it. So it CAN be done!