Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No time today to think about Chapter 7.B........

Another dreary day.....cloudy....THICK clouds...and then late this afternoon.....more RAIN! Oh well......in a short time we will be wishing that it would rain to cool us down.

Today.......I seemed to be on the go most of the day.....are you really interested in this???? Is this what you wanted to read???? Well.....that's what you get tonight!

I slipped out of my horizontal position as easily as I could, managed to pull my sagging hulk up and onto my feet...and quietly left the bedroom. Going to the kitchen....I soon had a wonderful aroma of my French Roast coffee as it dropped into the coffee pot....and in a few minutes, I had a steaming cup of that dark elixir in my hand. I read the online newspapers, had some cereal, more coffee...and then I woke the 1st Lady easily as I took care of my morning rituals.

Quickly, I moved outside....and checked over TheHowserHouse, checked the oil in the truck, and then began to get things ready to hitch up and head to Park Hills. I waited until about 8:45 and then in one quick back-up maneuver, the kingpin on the rv slipped into the hitch, the jaws closed around it, and in another couple of moments everything was ready to slowly, slowly pull out of our triple wide driveway and onto the street.

45 minutes later......10 minutes of which were used in just getting through F'town's streets and stop signs.......I arrived at Griffon's Trailer Town and RV Sales. Now......as I have said before....they do not sell Cedar Creek RV's, but they do service almost any brand....and SERVICE is the name of the game for a great RV dealer. The owner, Bruce Griffon, is a good friend of mine, his youngest son was my band manager in F'town HS....and so we go back a few years. They DO have wonderful service......they are very detailed and make certain you are pleased before you leave their repair area/bays.

I waited for about an hour......wandering around looking and thinking about some of the items that they have in their parts and supply store in the Sales Offices. Then.......they brought out TheHowserHouse and I jumped in and 45 minutes later I was backing it into our driveway. Backing it is always more difficult than pulling out, isn't it????????? Luckily, I have across the street from our house and triple-wide driveway, a friend whose driveway is double-wide...and so after I get the 38' monster backed partway into my driveway......I can then pull forward into his driveway....and a couple of pulls forward and then backward....and TheHowserHouse is soon resting peacefully and waiting patiently for the next journey!

For some reason.....I developed a pretty intense headache during this quick trip....and by the time I got into the stick and brick.....it was pounding pretty loudly inside my balding head. Soooo, I took some pain killers and laid down for awhile to see if I could lose it somewhere.........hmmmm, no luck!

I did need to call my physician and get the X-ray report from last week......"no signs of arthritis".....and she suspects it is "just" tendonitis. Well.....it may be "just" to her, but it is certainly more than that to me when the pain awakens me oftentimes in the middle of the night, or starts aching as I drive down the highway or when I am just sitting on the sofa. Soooo, as we are leaving for Chicago on Thursday....I will wait until Monday to pursue this matter. She did call in a script for some type of steriods/cortisone pills for the next five days.

Then I called the local county health office to set up an appt. for early tomorrow for a cholesterol test.....it has been over a year....and I am not looking forward to the results. Don't want to give up my love for haute cuisine.......hahaa!!

Late this afternoon I made the run out to Wal-Mart, picked up my prescriptions(refilled my two regular ones for the plumbing problems) and then stood in line for 20 minutes just to pay for some hamburger buns and coffee filters! DAMN!!!!

And soooo, for a quick little appetizer this evening, I prepared a new recipe that I got from "Bon Appetit"....one of our subscription magazines. And WOW!!!!! OMG, was it ever tasty and sooooo damn good!!! It was cauliflower florets from an entire cauliflower, tossed in olive oil, pepper flakes, thyme, kosher salt along with five garlic cloves chopped, and then baked in the oven for 20 minutes. This browned the florets, the garlic, and ............I cannot wait to fix these again!!!!!! SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

OK......did you learn enough about my day??????? I personally do not think it was all that interesting.......just Life in TheHowserHouse/stick and brick for this evolving and sagging hulk of me. But..........it was just another day........however, it does re-enforce that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: