Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 49: Seven weeks it has been!!!!

OK.....so what have YOU been doing for the past seven weeks????? I think it is about time we look back......and in doing so, I know now just how rapidly these seven weeks have flown by! WOW!!!

We left southeast Missouri/Misery on Dec 31st....and arrived here on the third day out, January 2nd.....having spent the nights at Texarkana, Texas.....and just outside San Antonio, TX. And since arriving, it has been non-stop every day and every evening........from square dances and square dance lessons, Tai-Chi lessons, Line Dance lessons, socializing with soooooo many, many friends from the USA and Canada, breakfasts/lunches/dinners with friends in various places all over the Rio Grande Valley, many, many trips over to Mexico(shopping, great restaurants,meds,cheaper liquor), afternoons at one of the swimming pools here in the resort, and many, many, many Happy Hours with some wonderful friends with sooooo many topics discussed, as well my trip to Washington D.C. to attend the Inauguration with my "lost and then found" ticket, and this week the 1st Lady is spending back in Missouri getting her grandchildren "fix"! WOW.......no wonder these seven weeks have just been a very big blur!

Today, for me, was a very relaxing day. I awoke to a dark and dreary day with wet streets, patio furniture, etc., etc. as it had drizzled during the night. It never did awaken me upstairs here TheHowserHouse, but the wet streets were for real. I do believe this is the first time since we arrived that I have seen everything outside completely wet!!! WOW.....a first for this winter.

Morning rituals were completed, and then the wonderful hot and steamy cups of French Roast coffee, along with some great brown sugar and maple oatmeal. I spent a bit more time on the 1st Lady's laptop (mine will be ready to be picked up tomorrow) as I just didn't care about getting outside in this dreariness. BUT....I didn't have to wait too long as by mid-morning the sun was out, the winds were beginning once again......and I decided it was time to once again wash the windows in the RV.....ALL 16 of them!! This took about 45 minutes and by the time I finished the winds were blowing with their well-known Texas strength!!!

A bit of early lunch followed this physical labor.......and then.....something really unusual for this sagging hulk of Me: I decided to go outside, sit in the chaise lounge...and continue to read the novel I started a day or so ago. What a super way to spend a few hours off and on all afternoon.......I may just do that again!

After a dose or two of my dark red medicine about Happy Hour time, I grilled a couple of hamburgers on the grill(where else would I grill them...haha)......and then Pete and Jane came by and suggested that we go down to Buzz/Moe's RV......which we did. Always some great conversations when we are all together........lots of laughs!!! Pete has also come down with a BAD cold which is making life miserable for him right now(and yesterday...and the day before). This probably could be known as the Valley Cold.....as many others seem to be suffering with the same malady. Keeping my fingers WASHED and CLEAN.....and also keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Tomorrow morning I am going to pick up my laptop, pay the bill, and bring it back to TheHowserHouse hoping and hoping that it really is just FINE! The $120 is a very small amount to pay if it is back in excellent working order!!!!! I think that our little group here will all go and then we will plan to have lunch at the Olive Garden......which should be fun!

Seven weeks!!!!! Forty-nine Days!!!! Have you thought back to see what you have done over these past 7 weeks????? Has it been fun for you???? Have you had some unexpected problems(like water on your laptop?)???? Have you thought about how quickly Life is passing by for you??? Have you thought that Life IS shorter than you really thought it would be?? Have you thought about spending the winters in a warmer climate than where you currently are living???? And, as I often say: "Life is too short to stay in one place!"

And sooo, a great day #49 as usual........and, I am just certain that........

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: