Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 55: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! WOW!!!

Another gorgeous day dawned about 7am....and the minute the sun was above the southeastern horizon, the warmth from it began to spread across the Rio Grande Valley........and not only were the many various kinds of birds happy, but so were the flock of parrots that inhabit out resort in the many trees here. And......so was this sagging hulk of me!

After my morning rituals......and after the 1st Lady returned from her Tai Chi class around 8am, we enjoyed our freshly picked Red Ruby grapefruits........and oh my.....they were soooooo sweet and juicy!!! FANTASTIC!!! French Roast coffee followed.....and from that point on this morning, I had a mug of that coffee in my hand most of the time.

I did put it down to take a bike ride around the resort, stopping at our mailbox to check for the mail. SUCH a BEAUTIFUL morning!!!!!! Cool, no humidity, crisp (like an October day in MO), and very quiet. Returning from the bike ride, I made a quick trip to the resort Office to check on some availabilities for some friends next month....March.

The 1st Lady did go to the laundromat that is located in this section of the resort......there being three within the resort. She was gone a bit over an hour.........and then returned with lots of clean clothes for both of us. A quick lunch was in order.....and then we were off to the western end of the RGV.....and a two hour square dance workshop. GREAT.....GREAT!!!!

Returning to TheHowserHouse, I quickly made sure that I took my dose of that dark red medicine before I began to grill some great pork chops. I also threw some sliced red peppers on the grill and the 1st Lady fixed a great salad and baked potatoes. Another wonderful and easy meal!!

Then......off we went again for a bit more than two hours of square dancing with 31 other couples......and OMG, it was sooooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!! We just laughed and at times, almost became hysterical!!!! We had such an incredible time...........words cannot describe this evening....just wonderful!!!!

Returning to the resort, we had stopped at a local DQ for some ice cream...and then arrived at our home-on-wheels around 10pm. Tomorrow....well, who knows???? More square dancing, perhaps????? We'll see.........but, nevertheless......after such a fun day I am more than certain that.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

john, carl here, we are going to sign a contract on the sale of our home today tuesday. we will be leaving here sunday march 1st, if not before.

carl roberts