Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 51: Hmmmm......not the day I had hoped it would be

Morning rituals.......and hot French Roast coffee as I checked my email and read the online newspapers this morning as the sun became brighter and the winds became a bit stronger. A rather quiet morning around here......and by 9:30 I was on my way to McAllen to the computer repair shop. When I arrived....the computer tech was still working on my at the main counter.....and I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't have any good news for me....DAMN!!

And, I was correct. No matter what he did, he told me.....he couldn't get the computer to recognize the wifi/internet connections. And sooooo, after him continuing to work on it for almost two hours while I was there.......he just couldn't get it to work with the internet. Sooooo, I left there a bit depressed, as his suggestion was now to send it to a Toshiba Service Center......saying it could be the motherboard. Hmmmm........all of a sudden my eyes were filled with $$$$$$$$ signs.

I stopped on the way back at a Walmart Supercenter.......picked up a couple of things that I needed......and then came on back to the resort. I spent the next couple of hours "playing" with the laptop, attempting to get it to work, but.......if the techie couldn't do it, why the hell did I think I could do it???? And, I couldn't!!

Nothing of any interest happened during the afternoon, which I just used to lay around, and try to put this laptop problem out of my mind.........and I couldn't!

Later in the afternoon I took a walk......and ran into a couple from Illinois that the 1st Lady and I had had dinner with in Port Aransas last spring.....at one of the best seafood restaurants that I have EVER been in!! He also came over to the RV Park we were at last fall just south of Springfield, IL at the Cedar Creek Regional Rally and we visited briefly at that time. This afternoon we chatted about the quickness of this winter down here in the RGV.....and how we didn't want to return to the cold of the Midwest!!

A quick visit with Pete and Jane......and Pete is still quite sick with his bad head cold!!! He sure needs to get to feeling better as they head into their last week here at Llano Grande!!

Buzz/Moe stopped by and picked me up to go with them to the Llano Grande Wood Workers BBQ......and WOW.....was the Rec Hall ever filled to the max!!!!! They must have made some good money with the huge turn-out that they had there tonight. I will remain mute on the quality of the food served there........it is always difficult to prepare enough food with the proper seasonings when you are feeding several hundred people!

The 1st Lady returns late tomorrow night.......and it will be good to have here back here. It is always good.....most of the time anyway......to have her challenge my ideas with her analytical way of looking at things differently. And.....I'm certain she will have things to discuss concerning the bad luck that I have had this week with my laptop..........hmmmm.

And so.....not the day I had hoped it would be.......but deep down inside of my sagging hulk, I was afraid that the laptop news might not be good this morning....and it wasn't. As I said last night.....it is just a material item in my Life.....and it can be replaced(I hope). And soooooo.......yep....not the most outstanding day of this winter in the RGV, but....as always....there is no reason to change my positive thoughts about Life....and so.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: