Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 48: REALLY Cloudy and Cool, but.......Good News made the day!

Hmmmm......all was quiet when I awoke this morning around 7am......no noise in the neighborhood, no trucks or cars or motorcycles running.....just peaceful. I laid there for a few minutes dreading what I might discover at the computer service center.......UGH!!!

Morning rituals completed, Fr Roast coffee done, and then checking a few emails, some news headlines from the NY Times and the Washington Post, a quick weather.com check, and then it was time to pick up Moe as her computer has been giving her fits.....and she decided to take it in to the same place that I had decided to take mine.

A quick trip over to McAllen, finding the repair shop, and then we were carrying these sick little laptops into the computer doctor's office. There was a gentleman in front of us discussing his desktop computer's problems.....and during some of the time he was there he did tell me that he had lived here in the RGV for 50 years.....and that this WAS the BEST computer repair shop in the entire RGV.......AHHHHHH, just what I really needed to hear!!!

After discussing our laptops problems......we left them there and returned to the resort....around 9:30 or so. I called the 1st Lady and explained just what had happened yesterday......and she still wasn't feeling good.....as the head cold seemed to be getting worse. And....that is tooooooo bad for her to be sooo sick while she is in Missouri this week.

A few minutes later, Moe came by and asked me to join her and Buzz for a late breakfast.......over at Mingo's Restaurant in Mercedes. Soooo, soon we were walking in the door and ordering our meal........and once again, I had the huevo rancheros.....and it was even better than the first time I had them......absolutely delicious!!!!

Returning to the resort......the sky was still very dark and cloudy with winds becoming stronger. I picked the mail while riding my bike......dumped the holding tanks.....and then: I decided it was time to restring the day/night shade that was in need of a new cord to replace one that had broken a few weeks ago.

This operation took less than an hour........a really easy task and each time I restring one of these, it certainly becomes easier!!!! Perhaps I should hire myself out for those that need to have a shade restrung???? Afterwards, with a few loose and small string parts laying around I ran the sweeper to clean the carpet....and went ahead and did all of the carpets. I also turned the velcro tie-backs around to try to keep the shades from pulling them down each time I lower them.

Moe called and said she had talked with the repair man....and that my laptop CAN BE REPAIRED!!!!! And....even better, the cost will only be $120!!!!! Sounds like a bargain to me! I will call him in the morning to confirm this price.....and to see exactly what repairs need to be made.

The remainder of the cloudy day was spent with a good book in my hands, a glass of dark red medicine, and then later......a bite or two of supper. Later this evening, after viewing some tv programs....I called the 1st Lady and she sounded awful!!!!! Whew........what a terrible head cold she has......UGH!!!!!

And soooo, another day here in the RGV......the second day of clouds....an unusual event this winter............and the good news about my laptop........and that certainly made me realize that.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: