Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 50: Hmmm.....and the laptop is not totally fixed!

Another varied day....very warm temps, quite humid, and very light breezes, if any during the afternoon. Mid-80's was the high......and now the rest of the story.

Morning rituals finished and a cup of very hot Fr Roast coffee in my hand by 8am........and after a bit of online newspaper ready...as usual.....I rode down to the mail boxes to get any mail that we might have. And......VOILA.....the next three months of my meds had arrived.....I still have a couple of weeks worth, but didn't want to have these new ones get lost in the shipping, as after March 1st, our mail will just be held in Misery.

Our departure for McAllen was to be at 10:30, so I wandered over and talked with Doug and Janet, Cedar Creekers from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I told them about the upcoming Cedar Creek breakfast next week.....and then the invitation was issued for a gathering at their RV next Wednesday afternoon/early evening. Sound great to me!!!!!

Pete is still suffering with a vicious head cold, so he didn't accompany Buzz/Moe, Jane, and this sagging hulk of Me to McAllen. We picked up our computers first.......stopped at a Petco for Buzz/Moe, and then went to the Olive Garden for a lunch. And.....what a great lunch we had!!! I had the Soup and Salad......and with the many bread sticks that I consumed...plus two bowls of great, chilled, crisp salad, and two bowls of their potato and sausage soup......I felt like a stuffed carcass when I waddled out of there. But oh my, was it ever good!!!!

We returned to the resort about 2pm.....perhaps a few minutes later than that.....and I immediately set up the laptop and turned it on. After the slow process of getting it going, I couldn't get it to find any wifi from anywhere around here.......and there is not only my own router with wifi from the modem on the desk, but there are several other personal wifi routers going within range, as well as the resort's towers all around this section of the rv park. NOTHING....NADA.....ZIP....NOTHING!!!!

So, I called the service shop, talked with Oscar again, and he said to bring it back. Sooooo, back I go to McAllen...about 18 miles to the repair shop.....and then for the next hour he checks it out, works on it, and finally decides that he needs to wipe everything off of their and use the Recovery Disc!! Soooo, I returned to the resort without the laptop......and just hope and hope that this overnight task will fix all of the problems!!!!!!

I went down to Buzz/Moe's RV and spent about an hour with her helping her to learn a bit more about her laptop...and the internet. I think she feels more confident now, but tomorrow will be the test for her when she attempts to get online and do some reading/work.

Returning to TheHowserHouse, I watched American Idol......and then later called the 1st Lady to tell her who the last three are........as she felt good enough to go to her mother's home this morning, and she doesn't get the correct channel there......GOD FORBID!!!! Following that, I went to the laundromat and did a load of laundry so the 1st Lady wouldn't feel like she had to go when she returns........

And sooooo, I find myself in a bit of a mental stress....being a bit upset about the laptop.....and just anxiously awaiting my phone call to Oscar in the morning after the shop opens for the day. A small roller coaster ride these past 2-3 days have been with the ups and downs of my laptop problems!

However.......it is just a material thing, isn't it??? And,......I can always purchase another one......even though I sure as Hell do not want to have spend the money for another new one, having only had this one for about 4 months. NEVER HAVE LIQUIDS AROUND A LAPTOP/COMPUTER........correct? Huh??? (Experience is the best teacher....and I damn well should have known that after my episode with this same type of thing three years ago!!!)

But........"this, too, shall pass" (I hope)........and as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: