Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 60: WHAT a drastic change in the weather.......!!

A cloudy day was quickly discovered when I pulled myself into the vertical position, went downstairs quietly, and opened one of the shades......UGH!!! WHAT happened to our gorgeous weather.....huh??? Very cloudy and not very light for 7am......but, that IS what had been forecast. I went about the task of making my Fr. Roast coffee.....and soon, that wonderful rich aroma was filling TheHowserHouse.....and just as quickly, I had a cup of that steaming dark elixir in my hand......OMG, it was sooooo good this morning!!!!

The 1st Lady was soon up and going......announcing to me that we were going to go to a square dance this morning! Hmmmmm,.....that was certainly news to me.....and not having as yet taken care of my morning rituals, I was not put into a very good mood with that announcement sooooo soon in my day. However.....I quickly adjusted to the thought of leaving my mug of coffee earlier this morning than I had planned......and by 9:10 we were on the road to the "Bit-O-Heaven RV Park"......a few miles west of here.

We spent the next two hours there with three other squares of dancers, most of them from that particular park. We already knew that we couldn't go to the regular dance tonight as we had plans for one last Happy Hour with the other Creekers.......sooooo, that is why we went this morning to this smaller dance.

Returning to the resort, I went over to give Pete a hand with re-stringing a day/night shade....one that was a double width. It took us just a bit over one hour to complete the job.....and then get it re-installed on the wall. It definitely IS a two man job......and one that takes a bit of experience to do properly.......as those strings certainly have to be exactly in the right place and long enough strings to make several zig-zags to make the shade work correctly.

The weather had changed sooooo quickly this morning on the way to the square dance......one minute when we got into the truck it was quite warm with NO WIND. And then.....about five minutes later as we were driving down the highway, it was like a small wind sheer.....boxes, papers, palm tree fronds, etc., etc. were blowing all over the highway and the rains started coming down in sheets. AND....the temp dropped about 20 degrees in a few short minutes. However, the rain quite just as suddenly as it had started......and even though the winds were blowing out of the north, it really wasn't too bad.

Around 4pm.......several of the Cedar Creekers gathered at Buzz and Moe's RV......and for the next 3.5 hours we sat and talked and laughed, ate and drank some beverages, and just had a great time!!! We seven couples really did enjoy our evening.......and it is a bit sad to know that three are leaving within the next two days.......but it has been great fun to be together for this long.

Returning to TheHowserHouse, we settled in for the evening. The winds are very calm....and the temps are forecast for the upper 40's tonight and then the warm-up begins tomorrow. I talked with our son, Jeremy, who lives in New Orleans.....and he is on his way down here as I write. He should be here in the morning and we are both looking forward to his arrival and a visit from him!!!!!!!

A good day........albeit a very busy one......but, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: