Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 45: Warm temps become HOT....and giving a tour of Llano Grande

WOW.....how quiet it was this morning when I opened my eyes. I had slept witht he windows open last night......it was a wonderful night to do so with the soft breezes and warm, almost-tropical temps....and I slept really, really well.

The morning, after the morning rituals, was calm and I enjoyed my morning Fr. Roast coffee with a bit of music to slowly bring the day to Life. This morning.....as I went over my day's plans.....the first item of importance, and perhaps the only item of importance for today.....was to show two of our Cedar Creek members around the Llano Grande Resort. Paul and Suzanne, from Wisconsin, arrived over the weekend and are in the Paradise South RV Park just a mile or two north of here.

They arrived a bit after 10 this morning....and after showing them the closed circuit tv that is on the local television 24/7, we took my truck and began to drive around the resort, stopping at various buildings and going inside to observe the various activities that were happening. We spent a little over an hour doing this......and then left for the town center of Mercedes to go to lunch.

We went to Mingo's.....and, as always, it certainly was a great decision. The Mexican food was really very, very good......and all three of us enjoyed our meals, as well as our conversations. Once again, I had the Veracruzanos.....and I was certainly not disappointed! Our conversations segued from one topic to another, but we did spent a lot of time discussing my trip to Washington D.C. for the Inauguration and the many experiences that I had while there.

After we finally gave up our table....we were in there well over an hour.....we drove to Paradise South RV Park so I could see where they are currently staying in their Cedar Creek 5th wheel, as well as their rv park. They are in a great site with lots of flowering bushes behind them.....and I certainly enjoyed seeing their rv park!!!

We returned to Llano Grande and then they picked up their truck to return to their own personal schedules for the remainder of the day. I sat outside for an hour or so....and then it really began to be overly warm....and so I stepped back inside TheHowserHouse and turned on the A/C. Checking the weather online for here, I discovered that it was 91 degrees!!!!! WOW......and in only the second week of February!!!!

Another Happy Hour was planned at Buzz/Moe's....and so I joined them and Jane for a couple of hours of great conversation, drinks, and appetizers. What a Life this is.........sooooo relaxing, soooooo much fun........so wonderful to be able to enjoy this type of a lifestyle where there are virtually no problems and one day just very pleasantly transitions easily and quietly into another pleasant day! Many, many others just do not have a clue as to what it is like down here in the RGV........and if they(you) did, you would find yourself down here for these incredible times in the incredible weather!!!!

And sooooo, I am sitting here inside TheHowserHouse realizing that I may have to turn the A/C back on in order to sleep comfortably tonight. Am I complaining???? Hell no!!!! MUCH better than having to use the furnace for heat......right???

And now as this day makes that segue into another beautiful day tomorrow......as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: