Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 44: A LONG day that began soooo early....

WOW.....it is a bit difficult to remember the last time that I managed to get out of bed at 4:30AM!!!! The 1st Lady's alarm clock went off at that time....and we both jumped up and got moving very quickly......somehow(?). By 4:50am....we were on the road....a total of 19 miles over to the Valley International Airport at Harlingen......and she was out of the truck about 5:17 this morning and entered the building to check her luggage.

Me???? Well, I followed the wonderful GPS, Garmin, which sent me a different route home than the one I used to get to the airport!!!! Can't believe it.......and, in the dark hours at that time of day(??), I didn't know the streets in Harlingen well enough to be wandering around trying to find my way out of town and over to Llano Grande. Sooooo, it took me a bit longer to get back to TheHowserHouse and to bed for a few more hours!

I was supposed to go with Buzz/Moe and Jane to Mexico today, but I was way too tired....and after returning to sleep around 6:15am.....and then awakening 2.5 hours later......I developed a headache as I sometimes do when I go back to sleep after being up and going. Soooo, I just called Moe and opted out of the trip across the border...........

I seemed to just lay around TheHowserHouse most of the afternoon.........nursing the not-too-bad headache, but not wanting to aggravate it by overdoing myself. I desparately need to wash the truck, wash the RV's windows, and just generally get things back into a shiny mode....but, not today!

Late this afternoon I ambled over to Jane's RV.....and we sat and talked about their trip to Mexico.....and their meal at The Red Snapper, which evidently was very good. Many other topics of discussion popped up, as usual, and I wound up spending about an hour there.

This evening........a lazy evening which just mirrors the afternoon and the morning!! I would have to call it a "down day" for me......not actually physically, but just a day of not doing very much. The 1st Lady and I did talk this afternoon.....and she had a good flight, with one change of planes in Houston......arriving in StL a bit early. Dr. Jeni's husband, Darrel, picked her up and off they went out to Darrel and Dr. Jeni's home west of the city.

And soooooo, another day, albeit not one of much interest, as passed by. The weather is quite warm....upper 80's.....and becoming humid again. It WAS breezy this afternoon and early evening, but by this time.....9pm....the winds are gone with only a hint of a breeze. It will remain in the 60's tonight.....a warm night....huh??? But......as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: