Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 46: Another very warm day.....and varied activities for this sagging hulk of Me.

WOW.......I slept longer than I have in quite some time, but soon I had a cup of that dark rick French Roast coffee in my hand.....and the day was soon on it's way. Pete returned late last night from his three day jaunt over to Las Cruces, New Mexico, and back......and so after I saw Jane out on their patio, I took my coffee with me and ambled over to see if he was up and about.

His truck was loaded with the original trailer living room furniture which he needed for the deal he has worked out with a Cedar Creek dealer here in Texas. Soooo, after a few minutes of idle chatting, I helped him unload the two chairs and the sleeper sofa and get them into their trailer. It didn't take long.....and then I took one of his other chairs, which he gave the 1st Lady and I, and carried it over to TheHowserHouse.

Around noon, I went out and drove over to the fruit and veggie market which is near the Don-Wes Flea Market.....always a source of many items that are waiting for the just the right person to come along to purchase them.....just as in any flea market. I bought a few items at the veggie market, but not too much as our fridge is really packed with food already.

Returning once again to the resort and TheHowserHouse, I just kicked back and relaxed with the A/C on......as the temps were once again on the rise with quite a bit of humidity. I laid out a steak to grill later this afternoon as Jane had invited me over to their place to share in the evening meal, along with Buzz and Moe.

4pm quickly arrived.....and I went across the street to their rv....and soon we were all gathered again for Happy Hour with drinks and some very interesting discussions of our day, as well as years in the past. Later we all grilled our individual meat selections, had some great potatoes from the grill as well as some fried brussel sprouts and nuts. Our meal and conversation lasted until way after it was dark, and we were soon discussing the various stars in the night sky......a cloudless evening with warm, humid breezes.

My evening ended with some online reading of today newspapers.......and now another one of those rapid, fast-moving days has slipped away again.....DAMN!!!! It seems that my Life is just flying by while I am down here........time just goes by much faster here than any place else I have been for a long time..........and it certainly does need to slow down!!!! But, it really will not.....however, as always.......

LIFE IS REALLY REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

1 comment:

why.oh.why said...

I really do envy your un-light polluted sky.