Wednesday, January 02, 2008

RGV.........Home for 2-3 months!!!!!

TheHowserHouse rolled into the RGV....and Llano Grande RV Park.....this afternoon around 2:30pm.......took about 5 hours from where we overnighted last night just 10 miles north of San Antonio. Arriving at Llano.........just before going into the main gate there was some semi parked stretching from side to side of the street.....and therefore, no one could get into the Park. The only way was to BACK UP the street for about a quarter of a mile to the "new gate" which has not officially opened. Hmmmmm.....this calls for a comment: They are not really any farther along than they were when we left here on the 1st of Feb last year!!!! Don't they work in the spring, summer, and fall?????? Thoughts.....just my thoughts!!!

So, after slowly backing up the street.......not an easy task to back up TheHowserHouse in a straight line......it does not like doing such a strange thing! There was also a large 5er in front of me that was also backing up....towards me. Sooooo, with traffic still coming down the street towards the park entrance.....this task became quite a challenge. But......we survived and pulled into the park.....and since I already had my site number, we just drove straight to it, and pulled in. THEN......I gathered up my paperwork and walked to the Park Office......farther than a quarter of mile....more like a half??? Anyway.....

Got there, waited in line for about 10 minutes, and then signed all the paperwork, paid my bill for the next two months, and asked for a modem for the internet. Last year, the wifi was soooooo damn slow that I finally went back and got a modem. WELL.....today, they said they had no more, would not get any more.....and that was that!!! Oh....they told me I could go buy one at Wally World for $75.......oh sure, then what the hell do I do with it after two months? I sure as hell do not need one at the stick and brick.

And so.....walked back to our site.....and then straigtened out the CC....and began the task of getting set up for the next two months. While doing that, a nice fellow on a bike wheeled up and said something like: "It's time you got here"...or something like that. Seems that he is from Ontario, Canada........and has been reading my blog for a while. We plan to get together soon....and then the fellow next to me came over and he is from Montreal, Canada.

We got set up, BUT......I plugged the cord into the 50amp....and went inside to check......and some of the things that had NOT worked two nights ago.....they WORKED!!! BUT.....BUT.....other things inside did NOT work. Sooooooo, we went back to the 30 amp plugin and are using that. We just have to be careful not to overload it..........!!!!!

Tonight.....we are sitting in front of the fireplace watching TV.......and I am making plans for tomorrow. Need to call and set up an appt. for the part that is being shipped to me from the Cedar Creek factory.....and then talk to the repair man that will put it on.......to discuss with him the electrical problem we are having. Oh well...........things could be mucho worse......I heard from a CC club member who is down here in the RGV....and his furnace has quit working

Last night our umbilical water hose froze completely.....not just at the connections but the entire thing was frozen solid. Soooooo, heated some water and and poured it on the connections and then just screwed them together and let it thaw on the trip down here today.

And so.........here we are!!!!! Anxious for this cold snap to unsnap......supposed to be in the 80's by the weekend!!!! GREAT!!!!.......and with temps like those are going to be.......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also

No comments: