Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day 9: Beautiful Day!!!

Hmmm......we had to pull our rears out of the bed earlier this morning........we both had activities this morning. The 1st Lady was off to her Line Dancing class which began at 9am.....and I went to the Spanish Class, which also began at 9am.

My class??? Well.......there were 97 people there......WHEW!!!! Not even enough room for everyone to sit. Does this say something to you???? I think it just shows how sooooo many senior citizens, using their lifetime of experiences, realize that it IS important to learn Spanish no matter how old they might be. The class itself was definitely for beginners.......not certain I will get anything out of this after four semesters of Spanish in college......but perhaps it will refresh my memory and get me back to studying again.

The 1st Lady seemed to enjoy her Line Dancing class.........she does love to line dance....and I'm sure glad she is taking it (without me!). She did meet someone who lives in the same town as her sister does.....in Highland, KS. Small World!!!!!!

Returning to TheHowserHouse.....I decided with the winds dying down, that I needed to wash TheHowserHouse. THIS is always quite a task........and today's wash job took a bit longer. The water here is soooooooooooooooo HARD....and it leaves either water drops on it or streaks where it runs down the side. Oh well.........that, too, will come off at a later date. The entire job took about five hours......and then I sat.....and sat....and enjoyed the weather outside.

About 3:30 we decided to go for a swim.....and so we walked the block to the pool.......the new one that has just been opened.....and it is the third pool and third hot tub that is in the Park. This one is just lovely.....with a huge hot tub. We were there for a couple of hours....the weather was great with temps in the upper 80's and NO winds!!

While there we ran into the lady and her husband who live in Highland, KS.....and so we spent quite some time visiting with them and learning more about them as we became more acquainted. They are going to take the square dancing lessons, so we will see them tomorrow afternoon.

This evening.........a couple of doses of my dark red medicine to nurse my aching muscles from the wash job and climbing up and down the ladder for several hours. The evening is wonderful......great temps!!! Think it IS supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow.....and that is ok. No problem there...... This week here has already been soooooo much better weather than what we experienced here last year, when they had "the worst weather in January in 63 years"......as many of the locals have told us! And.........that allows me to say that..............

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: