Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 28: A GRAY Day.....and then the clouds blew away!!!

And yet.....another gray and gloomy day....let's see...this is #4 in a row. UGH!!!! After my morning French Roast coffee....(three steaming cups full)........and after the 1st Lady had had her hot tea......we decided to go for a bicycle ride here in the Resort. She needed to return a few books to the Library that we have here at Llano Grande....and so after riding over there, we took a few minutes to browse through the books. She found a few books, I threw them into my backpack, and off we went for about an hour of riding up and down the streets here in the Resort. We also gathered about a half dozen or more grapefruit.......OMG, but they are soooooo damn good!

We enjoyed a brief visit from Ed Dray.....and a big thanks once again....as his wife, Marilyn, had typed out the recipe for the great potato and sausage soup that Olive Garden serves....and that I enjoyed sooooo much earlier this week.

Later, I decided to read for awhile and went out on the patio to enjoy the day, it was getting brighter and lighter from the disappearing gray clouds. It didn't take long..... and I was beginning to nod...and so, inside and upstairs to the bedroom I went for a Sunday afternoon nap. Hmmmmm, that sounds like something a guy who works 5-6 days a week would do, doesn't it??? NOT like someone who has no weekends......as everyday for a retired guy is a weekend!

After about an hour of snoozes, I awoke to a phone ringing.....and it was MY phone.....inside the pocket of my jeans, which were on my body! It was our oldest son, Mike......and so we talked for several minutes....and then there was a knock on the door.....and.........

It was Ken....from across the street!! We hadn't talked for several days....and so we sat in the ever-increasing sunshine and chatted for about a half hour or more. GREAT to see him......and thanks, Ken for coming over!!!! Of course, the conversation soon turned to where we had eaten in the past week......the movies we had seen this past week.....and then where I purchased my new bike! After he returned to his own Cedar Creek, I realized that time is getting tooooo short for us to not get together more frequently!!!

The 1st Lady and I decided to cook this evening......and so I grilled a couple of thick pork chops, and she made some great "stuffing" and some wonderfully prepared carrots in butter. For later this evening she made a fabulous apple cake.....and I ate WAY TOOOOO much!!! We watched a really heart-warming movie on the tellie this evening.....don't even know the name of it, but it was about FDR, his initial polio problems, and how he conquered a great deal of the physical part of the polio problem and how he purchased and turned the "spa" at Warm Springs into a polio rehabilitation and research center. I really enjoyed sitting back, eating the great cake and watching this movie, which I had not seen before.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a great day for good weather!!!! Let's do hope that they are right with this prediction!! And so.........as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: