Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 24: YUCK!!!! Gloomy, dreary, and all terms like those describe this day!

Ohhhhh my.......what a dreary day to awaken to.......and it didn't really get any better as the hours went by. Not that it wasn't expected, but it was such a radical turn of events when comparing it to the gorgeous day we had yesterday. And tomorrow??? NOT any better.......ugh!

My night didn't make the dreary morning any better........I had awakened for some reason before 4am.....and I just lay there trying to decide exactly what time it was. Then I heard it begin to rain.....and somewhat later, I suppose I went back to sleep. All tooooo soon I awoke again and it was 7am when I went downstairs to start the Fr. Roast. I learned from a neighbor that it rained around 4am.....so THAT part of the sleepless night is known. Nevertheless......it was not a restful night, which made today a difficult task for me to plod on through.

After my coffee, the 1st Lady got up and began to get ready for ther 10am Line Dancing lesson. At 9:30, my Missouri friend, Ed knocked at the door......as he was here to walk me through the procedure of re-stringing the day/night shades. We met through another of my blog readers....and after a bit of chatting that first time, we discovered that he had lived in my wife's hometown for several years....and that his daughter still lives in that area. Small World!!!

Ed really knows his business in this re-stringing task!!!!!! WOW....no way could I have done it without his assistance.......and I just hope that I learned the correct way....completely!!!! We made a small error in the necessary steps......and this entailed the tedious task of re-doing the stringing. However.......it didn't take long, especially with Ed's "stringing talents"!!! We finished one shade in 1.5 hours.......a bit longer than he said it normally takes him, but.....what the hell! We DID get it done....and it looks and works wonderfully!!!! A BIG THANK YOU TO ED!!!!!!

After a quick lunch, the 1st Lady and I were off to the Rec Hall for our square dancing lessons. Dancing for two hours, we did re-enforce some of the "moves" and calls that we had learned on Monday.......and those two hours FLEW by!!! It is sooooooooooo much fun!!!!! For those of you who haven't done this.......OMG.....get thee to a place where you can spend a few weeks in Beginning Lessons.....and join in the fun and laughs AND exercise. You will NOT be sorry!!!

Following those two hours, we went to Home Depot to purchase some more string/cord for the other three blinds that we need to re-string.....and then it was back to Wal-Mart for some edible items. We finally returned home about 5:30.....and settled in for a chilly, damp evening. Sitting in front of the fireplace, we endured the auditions of American Idol........and for the life of me, I do not understand WHY the staff allows those hideous performers to audition for the cameras!!!!!!! With the thousands who are there to perform, what kind of standards do they use to eliminate all of the others????? It is such a damn waste of time......especially those of us who have tuned in to watch this "spectacle"........I am really getting sick of these shitty auditions!!!!! Cut out this crap and get on with the Hollywood auditions.......AGREE????!!!!!!

Tomorrow??? Well, we had discussed running across the border and catching the Thursday afternoon performance at Garcia's.....but I'm not sure I want to go over there in this kind of weather. No fun......trying to stay warm and dry as you walk down the streets!!! Tooooo cold to drink Margaritas.....????? Hmmmmmm.............

Dreary weather, a sleepless night, horrible auditions, but a very successful completion of a task I have been dreading with the shades, thanks to Ed!!! THAT in itself assured me that......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: