Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 25: UGH......another nasty, wet, cool day!!

YEP......another day of this crap! It should end by Saturday morning......and everyone here hopes that it WILL end then, if not earlier. This was not a day for being outside....and soooo, we didn't venture very far away from TheHowserHouse.

After the 1st Lady and I were up and moving around successfully, which includes having had our Fr. Roast coffee and hot tea, we decided that THIS was the day to see if I had learned my lessons about re-stringing the day/night shades?? Sooooo, with a bit of fear deep inside my aging hulk, I took down the first valance.....no problem there. Then, I took down the first day/night shade.....and laid it on the floor just as my great re-stringing teacher had taught me to do. Hmmmm........

Looking at it, I thought....OK, old man.....you can do this.....and if you can't, then you can call for help just two streets behind me. Sooooo, with string, scissors, screw driver, measuring tape, and a few others things for security....I began to take it apart. And in less than an hour, the 1st Lady and I had it re-strung and was ready to re-hang it!!!!! To get this one down, I had had to move the sofa from the slide it has been sitting in.....and while I had it out, the 1st Lady decided that we needed to trade the sofa for the recliner in the back window. Hmmmmmm.......

Sooooo, we did! Then I began the task of doing the second shade. AHA!!!! Success!!!! Still in less than an hour, again!!! Thoughts began to run through what I have left of my brain cells.....perhaps I should advertise and go into business....(a tax write-off for traveling??)???? HAHAA.....no, I don't mind if I screw up my shades, but I don't want the responsibility of screwing up a stranger's shades......so, I canceled that thought quickly. I do owe a HUGE THANKS to Ed Dray for his excellent teaching.........learning "hands on" is always better than just reading the instructions from an online source.

The rest of the day???? Well, the 1st Lady did a couple of loads of laundry......and then it was just the right kind of day to sit in front of the fireplace, read, surf the web, and just doze when it felt right to do so. And.....we did.

Being very, very ready for better weather, we are looking forward to the weekend!!!! But, you know.........no matter how nasty THIS weather is, it is one hell of a lot better than the weather that Misery is having right now!!! Soooooo,.....with that thought in mind......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: