Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day 14: WOW.....can't it stay like this ALL the time????

BRILLIANT BLUE SKY!!!! An absolutely delightful morning…..crisp to start the day, but it did warm into the upper 70’s which was modified by winds that blew out of the north and the east. However….I am NOT complaining…..you know I wouldn’t do that with this kind of a day.

We had a leisurely bit of breakfast……the 1st Lady with her tea….and myself with my dark and rich French Roast coffee…….the beans were just ground this morning and the pungent aroma was mouth-watering (IF you like coffee…haha). I told her that I needed to return to Wal-Mart….to get that check-out clerk’s error in not making certain that I had all of my bag resolved. She said she needed a few things from their…..of course!!!…..and so we left a bit later.

Wal-Mart….on a bright and cheerful Sunday morning…..was PACKED!!! But….you know….in thinking back…..there hasn’t been a time when it hasn’t been packed. WOW…..they do a ton of business here. Soooo, after reporting to Customer Service and explaining the problem……..the young lady was very helpful and soon I had my three missing items and was finished with W-M. Ok……..guess who wasn’t??? Yep….the 1st Lady remained in the store for another 45 minutes while I sat in the truck…..waiting….waiting.

When she finally finished her making her purchases……we went over to the fruit and veggie FRESH market. OMG…..I do sooooo love to shop in there. Sooooo many things to choose from….and some that I have not the foggiest idea what I am looking at……but everything IS FRESH!!! And…..cheaper prices than at Wally World!!!

Then it was back to the Park….and TheHowserHouse. I decided that it was well worth my time to take a little “power nap”…..and after stretching out on the sofa….I was very quickly gone from this world. When I awoke the 1st Lady was still reading……the thing she likes to do most of all in her spare time……..hundreds of books are consumer by her each year (she keeps a record of the books she reads in a computer file).

We decided to take a bike ride and we rode around the Park for almost 45 minutes…….and still don’t think we covered quite all of the streets. Granted….we were not going at break-neck speeds……we have to build up our endurance for any consistent speed rides.

Back at TheHowserHouse, we noticed a Cedar Creek traveler trailer pull into one of the sites across the street from us. Sooooo, after they were about set up, I wandered over to introduce myself and welcome another Cedar Creek into the neighborhood. Well……….and again, it happened!!!!!

The fellow said he was going to come over….he new that I was the writer of this little blog…..AND….that he reads it all of the time!!!! AND…….he had selected this RV Park….Llano Grande…..based on my descriptions, as well as the fellow who had dropped by a few days ago….another travel blog writer!!! He knew lots of what I had written about………it really does amaze me that people…..you all….can find such an interest in my tidbits and ramblin’ writings. But……I am grateful to actually meet some of you, face to face, and to know that I can be of help in giving out info about various topics!!!!

This evening, the 1st Lady fixed a nice platter of pasta and garlic shrimp!!!! YUMMMMY!!!! A nice big dose of dark red medicine accompanied it….and just added another layer of flavor on the palette. A wonderful meal!

AHHHHH……”The Amazing Race”……….they are down to the final three couples now that tonight’s episode is finished!!! And….I am sooooo damned glad that the couple who were eliminated were THE ones to go home tonight!!! If I was the guy…..I would certainly eliminate his partner in this race when he gets home……….what a ….well, I won’t say that on here!

Tomorrow…..nothing special planned. The weather is going to get cooler….and some rains are expected in the next 2-3 days. Without the sun….and if the wind does blow…..that will make it necessary for this sagging old hulk of me to dig out my jeans and put away my shorts…..DAMN!!!! I sooooo enjoy showing off my great sexy legs to all of the rest of the Winter Texans that are here.

We will have square dancing lessons tomorrow afternoon…….GREAT!!!! LOVE doing that….would do it every day if we had the time. I need to spend a bit of time studying my Spanish tomorrow, also……..sure I can find some time to do that!!

And so…..another day is closing down……another day of my ever-shorter Life. Today was relaxing….and re-warding in meeting a couple of new friends who already “know” me……and all of these things…and more……blend together to ensure for me that……

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!……..And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: