Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 23: WOW.....WOW.....WOW... WEATHER!!!!

Nothing more can be said than the above!!! It was one of those rare Perfect Days........from the very beginning to the late afternoon/early evening. Temps hovering around 80, wonderful light breezes blowing across Llano Grande.......a day to be out and about.........and to tuck away in your/our memories for the few days that are about to descend upon all of us here in the RGV!

My French Roast coffee, my ruby red grapefruit, and my sagging hulk were all on the patio to enjoy the beginning of this day. The 1st Lady was up and off to her Line Dancing class at 9am this morning......and I then jumped on my bike and rode.....and rode.....and rode......through the North Section of Llano Grande. Yep.......it was a total of 5 miles this morning....one mile further than yesterday!!! Hooray for my aging heart!!!! Hooray for my aging pedaling legs!!!! HOORAY for ME!!!!

Returning to TheHowserHouse, I drank one bottle of water, and then washed this water down with a cup of steaming Fr. Roast. The 1st Lady returned a bit after 10....and since I had already ridden my goal for the day......she decided to just catch up on some email. Me?????

I drug out the hoses, the Windex, the sponges and rags, the tire brush......and began the task of cleaning up the F350. NOT that it needed it.....heehee........! So, working against time with the warm breezes and sun, I washed it by sections and then toweled it off quickly so as to not allow the damn hard water spots to form on the finish. Puff...Puff..Puff!!!! Two hours later, I was finished and putting away the cleaning utensils, getting rid of the wet newspapers which I use on windows, and generally just beginning to slow down for the rest of the day.

We had a bit of lunch, I puttered around outside for a while.....and then it was off to the new pool just north of us. Arriving, we realized that there weren't many there, but within 30 minutes there were not many chaise lounges or chairs left to occupy.......lots of others had the same idea......GET TO THE POOL QUICK.......tomorrow is not going to be so nice.

As always, the 1st Lady and I found ourselves involved in several conversations with others who were sharing this LARGE POOL with us and others. Eventually, I was approached by another rver who was from Missouri/Misery.....and now lives at the Lake of the Ozarks, my original home. He and his wife had both been in education all of their lives....and so we did have quite a bit in common.

Then friends from Canada arrived.......the fellow who had greeted me when we first arrived here three weeks ago. His wife reminded me that it is because of ME(??) that they are staying here at Llano Grande. Seems that they had followed my blogs and had read my reports of this RV Resort and the RGV from last year......!! Guess I am reaching out to others in ways I would never have been able to imagine. THANKS to cyberspace????!!!!

Returning to TheHowserHouse, we began to get ready for dinner. I prepared my rice and steamed FRESH veggies(carrots, broccoli, cauliflower) which we then placed under and on top of Tilapia filets that the 1st Lady had quick "fried" in EVO.....extra virgin olive oil. WOW......when put all together this becomes one of my favorite easy to fix dinners!!!!! LOVE IT!!! Now of course, I had a dosage...actually two doses...of my dark red medicine....and the 1st Lady had a dose of Riesling. YUM....!!!

We took a walk after dinner during the minutes just before dark.....and enjoyed the warm evening as we passed by other rvers grilling, extending their "happy hours", and just relaxing on their patios. This is a wonderful section of the Park...........wonderful!!! And......you must realize by this time that.......

LIFE IS WONDERFULLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: