Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 30: Perfect......again!!!

Another WOW....WOW...day!! From the time that I hauled my sagging hulk out of the bed.......to the time a few minutes ago when I returned to TheHowserHouse, just before 10pm......it has been a beautiful day. Mid-80's, high thin clouds and virtually NO wind or breeze!!! I seriously doubt that there was anyone in the entire Valley that wasn't out and about on a day such as this. LOVED IT!!!

The 1st Lady was up much earlier than usual.....as she had her Line Dancing class at 9AM today. She dearly loves to line dance......and, it is not my cup of tea/Fr. Roast.....so I am glad she feels like going by herself to the classes. I have to stay out of her way when she is getting ready to go somewhere early in the morning......so, after she departed on her bike, I freshened up all of the sagging parts of this hulk....and then had my French Roast coffee on the patio....in the wonderful sunshine and warm temps.

When she returned I left for the "city center" of Mercedes to mail some things that HAD to be weighed in the Post Office....and then I was going to stop at the local grocery/supermarket to pick up some milk, etc. However, the 1st Lady called me and said that our neighbor and fellow Cedar Creek owner, Ken, had come over and wanted us to go to lunch with them. Soooo, I returned straight back to TheHowserHouse without going to the grocery.

The 1st Lady and I then went over to their Cedar Creek trailer.....and WOW.....it is soooo nice!!! With Jeanne's increasingly more difficult job of walking very much or going up the stairs, this is just the right thing for them as a 5er would require her getting up a few steps to the bedroom/bathroom. We loved the layout and the colors that were used in the trailer!!

Soooo, off we went to Weslaco, a few miles west of here. We had decided to eat at Teri's Bistro on south Texas in Weslaco. Well.......we soon discovered that we had made an excellent decision in making this restaurant choice!!!! The lunch menu listed about a 10-12 lunches, not including sandwiches......and so there were plenty of choices for our cravings.

ALL four of us were satisfied 100% with our personal choices!! I had the Shrimp Tequila which was a nice plate of fat shrimp covered with cheese, a tomato based sauce with spices and herbs in it, and thin slices of guacamole on top of the cheese. This was accompanied by a large amount of rice with mixed veggies on the side. I had also selected the broccoli cheese soup rather than a salad as the "starter".....and it was also a great choice!! This meal.......a large amount for a lunch plate......was REALLY very, very good. The shrimp were prepared perfectly......not over-cooked which always make them tough......they were just the way I like to have my shrimp. Now....on the negative side.....the had left the shells on the tail portion of the shrimp which made it rather difficult to eat.......it became necessary to cut that part of the shrimp off as to pick it up by hand was very messy due to the great sauce and cheese on the shrimp. I would certainly order this again.........a great choice if you like shrimp without them being fried!!! Go for it!!!

Hmmmmm, I weakened and had a nice sized piece of Turtle Cheesecake for dessert. The presentation was just beautiful.....and the picture does not show the detail the chef or pastry chef did with the colored sauces on the plate. It was really beautiful!!!! The cheesecake.....well, it wasn't the best I have had.....more like something that might have been purchased at Sam's Club. THAT was the only disappointment I had with the quality of the food there.

Service?.......a great young man, very personable, but rather forgetful....and he had to be reminded constantly about coffee refills and other items he would forget we had asked him for. I think he just needs a bit more training......a bit more organization in his service!!! But, his personality and ease of talking with us older folks smoothed many of his faults away!!

We returned back to Llano Grande a bit after 2pm......and we just laid around for an hour and then decided to go to the pool here in our part of the Resort. It is soooooo damn nice there and as I have mentioned before, the hot tub/pool is so large and so relaxing. We spent an hour or more there........wonderful!!

Around 6pm, Danny and Donna were here to take us and another couple, Ron and Linda, to the evening square dance at Harlingen. There were three squares there......and we danced to a new/different caller for two hours before returning to Llano and TheHowserHouse. It was great, great fun....as always....and always plenty of laughter as we attempted to correct our mistakes!!!

OK......as you might expect.....it was a wonderful day!!!! And....with a day like, of course.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: