Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 11: Hmmmm.....a GRAY day with warm temps....

Well.......after a very good night's sleep.....can't imagine why.....we awoke to a rather gray and cloudy day......which just became grayer and cloudier as the hours progressed. However.....just about time for the sun to set this evening.......there was a bit of blue that could be seen. OK.....I can handle this......because it is soooooo damn much better than this time last year. In fact.....being cloudy seemed to make the day a more relaxing one.......didn't feel like I HAD to get some things done.

I enjoyed my French Roast coffee.....had ground some beans up last night(somehow).....and fixed a great pot of coffee this morning. After the 1st Lady got up........I wacked at my daily GRAY beard that seems to grow faster with each month......and then enjoyed my coffee outside.

Returning inside......there was soon a guy standing outside the doorway......hmmmm, didn't recognize him either. However, upon introductions it seems he came over to meet me as he, too, is a avid blogger....and about their daily lives and their travels. AND.....another small world example: he spent many years working in Monroe City, the 1st Lady's home town. We chatted, exchanged email addresses and he told me his blog site.......and we agreed to get together soon. He is only two streets over and we can see his rig from our back window.

The 1st Lady went off to the gym for her workout......and I spent some time reading the morning papers online. While she was gone, the computer tech person here in the RV Park came by....I had submitted a couple of work orders......and he was checking on our modem which DOESN'T work and the damn wifi is so erratic that we can barely stand the wait for a page to load on our lappies. However......after taking some measurements and doing some more checking, he came to the conclusion that the cable wiring underground here has a problem......which gives TheHowserHouse a problem. The modem is not even to lock into a signal.....and so, we wait.....and wait....

This afternoon, I decided to put together our new LP BBQ grill which Dr. Jeni and Darrel gave to us for Christmas. The instructions said about 30 minutes for putting it together....HA!!!! NO WAY!!!! And, while I was reading the little picture instructions.....our new friends Donna and Danny came over on their bikes......and while I was talking with them, the RV repairman from Harlingen arrived to install the new "Draw Tite" which was supposed to be made from "new composite materials". WELL...........you can guess......it was the same damn type like I have had replaced six previous times....same hard plastic which continues to split apart every few months.
Oh well.........Cedar Creek Factory sent it to this RV Repair place and paid for them to drive out and install it.........all for FREE!

The good thing is that I had the repair man look and check over our 50amp problem......I had already earlier today used a bit of fine grit sand paper on the prongs of the cord.....and after the repairman checked EVERYTHING.......we plugged it in.....and VOILA!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!

Our good friend, Chuck from Wisconsin, and I had talked when this problem occurred and he had told me to use the sand paper on the prongs....however, I had not had the time....nor the memory....to purchase some sand paper, but did do it a couple of days ago. I want to THANK YOU, Chuck!!!!

Sooooo, back to the grill....and within an hour I had it put together and ready to go. I cooked hamburgers this evening on it and it works just as it should......great!

This evening has been MUCHO CALMER than our fun-filled evening yesterday. Hmmmmm.......guess I need to spend an evening last night more frequently......hahaha!!!

And soooooo, another day of this sagging old hulk's Life has disappeared. Do you ever wonder...those of you at this age.....just how many days remain to experience????? I understand there was a lady here in the Park who was at a Saturday night event at the Rec Hall.....and just fell over died. Sure guess that IS the way to go........quickly! While I have NO meds to take........one never knows what is happening inside our aging and evolving bodies....and I suppose that is certainly a good thing.......we probably wouldn't to know, would we?

However.......today was super.......a very good day........and so.......as always with me.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: