Monday, January 07, 2008

Day 8: HOLD ON......the winds are really strong!

OH YEAH......the only time TheHowserHouse was not rockin' and rollin' was early this morning when we got up to greet the morning. Soon......really soon, the winds were pushing across the border from Mexico and bringing us humid, very warm, and EXTREMELY windy weather. At times it felt like we were being tossed around on the ocean.........SURE glad that the winds were hitting us from the rear of TheHowserHouse....and not broadside!!! WOW.......it could have been disastrous.

The 1st Lady was off to the Rec Hall/Club House for line dancing this morning at 8:45....and was back a bit after 9, as it had been re-scheduled for tomorrow. They were having a meeting in the hall concerning issues some had with the internet and cable tv services here. Soooooo, while I puttered around this morning, she went to the other side of the resort to the gym and did her morning workout there.

Returning, she found this sagging old hulk sitting at the dining room table making phone calls to take care of several items on my agenda for the day. I called to see about getting a part installed that had been shipped to an rv repair and service company in Harlingen....shipped from the Cedar Creek factory in Indiana. To my surprise, the part.....which I have had replaced several times since purchasing this unit three years.......had arrived and was to be installed by the "rv house doctor" who makes house calls.......AND.....the costs are being paid by the factory!!!!!!! WOW.....now, THAT is SERVICE!!!!! Thanks to Steve Hicks of Cedar Creek.....a BIG THANKS!!!!! (The original factory warranty has expired!).

I also called for absentee ballots to be mailed to us from the local Courthouse in F'town.....so we can vote in the February primary. I have been watching, listening, and enjoying the rise of Obama in the past week.......and I AM excited!!! How well I remember seeing and hearing him speak at a rally in STL 14 months ago in support of the candidacy of our now Sen. Clair McCaskill!!!! Soooooo, this evening I went into my blog and checked out the Archives for November.....November 5th to be exact! NOW........I WAS INTERESTED TO SEE THAT MY WRITINGS FOR THAT EVENT DESCRIBED EXACTLY WHAT IS OCCURRING TODAY BY THOSE LISTENING TO HIS SPEECHES!!!! I URGE you to check it out!!! November 5, 2006......He is an incredible speaker.........and at that time, as you can read......he speaks about what WE can do.....not just him. Even then, I compared him to Bobby Kennedy whom I saw and heard and had the opportunity to meet and talk with just a month before he was shot........and those feelings have not changed over the past 14 months.....except.......to intensify!!!

This afternoon we drove to Alamo Rec-V Park where we joined others from several rv parks for our square dance lessons. OMG........it was sooooo great to return to this!!!! We had such an amazing time last year when we were here.......and this afternoon was a strong preview of the next two months, I hope. We had really fun time......and once again, it all came back to us, like riding a bicycle(which I need to go buy,hmmmm....). Soooooo much fun.........!!

We returned to Llano Grande and TheHowserHouse, which was, and is, still "blowin' in the wind". Supposed to calm down tonight.....and return to normal tomorrow.......we'll see!!

Some great dark red medicine was taken prior to dinner this evening.....and it help me considerably......!!!! I even took another dose with dinner here in TheHowserHouse......and it made the strong winds seem not as strong and blustery as they actually were.....heehee!!!

Tomorrow: Spanish lessons in the morning for myself....and line dancing for the 1st Lady. Then.....I hope to wash TheHowserHouse which still has the residue from our trip south all over it. Had I washed it yesterday or today......the water would have blown off of it and it would have been dry before I could get it clean!!!

I made a couple of comments Saturday about facing my mortality and the eventual decline of my youthful looks with my evolution which comes from age. I hope I did not offend anyone about the silver-haired senior citizens that we saw at the Travel Show.......it was not intended to be so.......just a figure of speech to get across the point that there were soooooo many of the older generation there at the Show. It is WE.....the senior citizens of this world......who have the time to travel and in many cases the extra coins with which to make these travels possible. And.....the markets of the world know that this IS the case.....and we are the targets of their intense advertising campaigns. GOOD!!!!! Finally, we are needed and appreciated for our abilities to purchase, to travel, to enjoy our retired Lives!!!!! Soooooo, we all need to wear our silver hair(IF we have ANY hair left) with dignity......as a badge of honor for the trials and troubles we have faced and endured and conquered. THIS is the best time of our Lives.......and will continue to be so, as long as we have our......HEALTH!!!! And.......not a one of us have any idea when our health will begin to go downhill, do we????? Enjoy Life each day........Life is too short to stay in one place!!!! Each day makes me realize even more than ever that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!........And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: