Monday, January 02, 2006

I've returned from cyberspace ISOLATION!!!

Yes....I am here...FINALLY!!! Having left TheHowserHouse on this past Friday morning, by that afternoon I found myself completely isolated from cyberspace AND from cell phone service that would allow me to use my phone to access the internet. I did have phone service, but only on "Extended Service" which would not allow me to get online thru the phone. My mother-in-law does not have a computer, hence no online access, and the damn Library in town will not allow a "non-citizen" of the community access to their internet and computers!!!!

So.....I found myself having drastic withdrawal problems as over several days I began to remember what it was like without online access AND a computer. It was HELL!! I had not taken my Fr. Roast coffee and so I had withdrawal problems with that, even tho coffee was available, but just not in the strength and flavor that keeps me going. What did I do during these days?????.......well, I found myself consoling myself by EATING and EATING and EATING and EATING!!!!! OMG, I am deathly afraid to step on the scales in the morning......my heart may not be able to withstand the shock.....and for that matter, the scales might be able to withstand the weight!!

I am now sitting here snacking on carrots after having eaten a bowl of instant oatmeal with blueberries. I am having strong desires to go finish up the wonderful cookies I made a few days ago......I am fighting the urges with all of my strength tonight......I hope to win this Battle of the Urges!!! HELP.......

Not being a technology guru, I am reading and studying the materials that came with my TiVo Christmas gift. I have found a TiVo forum on the internet that has TONS of info.......but, I am so lacking in tech vocabulary that I can't interpret what the forum questions and discussions are all about.....HAHAH!! Oh well......I will begin the hookup and activation process in the morning when I have had PLENTY of Fr. Roast coffee and have finished my internet newspaper reading......oh how I missed this daily dose of news! ADDICTION IS HELL!!!!

The weekend was OK. The 1st Lady and I went with her sister and brother and their spouses to a WONDERFUL restaurant on New Year's Eve. We go there every few years and we decided it was time to experience the fabulous flavors of their cuisine for a small new year celebration. The Pear Tree......is located 5 miles west of Macon, MO, in Bevier....a VERY small town of just a few hundred people. Saturday night there were probably more people who ate there than live in the whole town!

I HIGHLY recommend all of you who are in this area to have dinner there.....VERY HIGHLY recommend!!!! It is undoubtedly the top restaurant north of the I-70 corridor that goes across the center of the state. Bevier is on Hwy 36 which runs across the top of MO from Hannibal to St. Joseph, MO. Don't go without ordering their incredible Onion Rings and their Crab Rangoon for appetizers.....WOW!!! The 1st Lady had her usual when we eat there: Batter Fried Lobster....the large order....and I had the large Filet Mignon, which we then shared with each other. OMG, but both items are just unbelieveable........my mouth is watering right now as I write this. Now.....as you probably expect, this is not an inexpensive place to eat. I think our total, which also included a drink for each of us and then we shared a dessert ice cream with hot fudge, came to $89.00 not counting tip. WELL WORTH EVERY CENT!!! Again.....have dinner there!

We found ourselves playing Mexican Train game (with dominoes) every night with other family members and having a great time doing so. That game is fun....and is never the same twice!!! The more I play, the more I want to play it.

Soooo, I am back.....and I will try to be sure you "get your money's worth" Doug and Juanita....hahha!! I am going to bring this little page of my verbal ramblings to a close......and go get some more carrots. And.....as always with me.....

Life is GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!! (Happy New Year to all of you!!!!)

No comments: