Sunday, January 08, 2006

This day.....where did it go??

After an evening of riding the on The Mexican Train (game).....this morning came a bit earlier than I thought it would. The 1st Lady and I went to see Michael this morning and returned this afternoon after enjoying a good visit with him.

The 1st Lady was really tired and so she relaxed for a couple of hours while I attempted to re-program my TiVo......it did not record the morning talk/news shows that I wanted to watch this morning and didn't get to.....either this morning or this afternoon!!! It didn't work like it was supposed to.....hmmmmm....did I mention that I AM technologically challenged???? I think I did.... Anyway, I think I have it now.....after a bit more than two hours of changing some things......guess I'll find out tomorrow???

This evening was a relaxed one.......just a bit of the tellie and some surfing on the net. Then I received a phone call from the Washington D.C. area.......a former student (another one), an excellent trumpet player who is now married (to another former band student) and they have four daughters. I haven't talked with him since late summer and so we had lots to catch up on. He works with the U.S. Navy.......he was in the service, but now has a civilian job with them, and a VERY good job it is!!! He travels very frequently around the country as well as out to Japan and Hong Kong.........he is a very busy young man!!!! But....we had a great talk as he was on his way to Virginia Beach for a meeting in the morning so we visited as he drove down that way. For all of you former students from Eldon.....I am talking about Kelly Powers.

Sooooo, this brief summary of the day brings this little post to a close.....and as always....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: