Monday, January 16, 2006

Is Spring here???? I think not....

Wow....another 60 degree plus day!!! And what is in store for tomorrow.....a high of 35 degrees with rain and snow.....and on Thursday.....another very warm day. What a damn roller coaster ride this weather is becoming.....and, the ride is FREE for just living in Missouri!!! How lucky we must be...HA!

After finally settling on a hotel in Chicago for our quick weekend up there at the end of next week.....and the decision took a few hours of more research, I then went outside to take off the tape from the new windshield which I had installed last Friday. And guess what????!!!! There were large gaps in the rubber seal around it, and part of the rubber seal that runs across the passenger door and down the right front window post had been slit by a knife of ...obviously....the repairman last week. WELL.......with smoke coming out my posterior and my ears....I hauled my ass off to the Ford dealer, who had sub-contracted the job to be done by some company which drives through here a couple of times each week and repairs car windows.

I let go with my temper when I got there. I told them this ALL had to be repaired....correctly this time! Well, they can't come up here until Wednesday....and then I let go with my temper and told them that it was to begin raining and it would be pouring into my truck. Soooo, after consultations they said they would loan me a car (if that is what you want to call it) and keep my truck inside out of the rain. Sooooo, now it is the waiting game once again!!!

This afternoon went by quickly as I took care of some household chores.....UGH!!!!! But.....so be it.....things needed to be done anyway. Took a brief refresher nap for about 10 minutes......a Power Nap!

Then this evening was the monthly meeting of the school board which last a little over two hours. And now I am going thru the Tivo recording of the Golden Globes.....just watching certain parts of it. Anxious to see some of the movies that I haven't seen yet.

Soooo, with winter returning as the north winds are blowing out there, nevertheless nothing has changed and.......

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling when it comes to the roller coaster weather...we've been having a bit of that down here in the deep south...