Thursday, January 19, 2006

"What's in there?"......

Yeah......and that is what I kept saying to myself all day today!!! I spent the greater portion of the day removing items from the two layer cabinet in our bedroom....in preparation for moving all of the furniture out of the room. There were ALL kinds of things in their....besides over 125 LP albums of all types of music. Paperwork from wherever.......files with all kinds of things in them....books.....tons of music......etc., etc., etc. And all of it had to be looked at so I could make a decision: keep it or throw it!!! I tried to "throw it" as much as I could. I still have the record albums in the floor.....can't decide what to do with them.......I don't even have a record turntable/player any more.....and in our walk-in there are probably 50 more albums!! They date back to the 50's/60's.....Beatles, Johnny Cash, Doris Day, Tony Bennett, etc., etc., etc.

Then I got into the walk-in closet....and began discarding tons of long sleeved dress shirts that I no longer need or want. And.....probably at least a dozen sweaters.....and there are still lots and lots of each item still in the "keepers" in the closet!!! I don't all of them.....but it is soooo hard to part with them....some of which I have purchased on trips to Europe and/or Asia!!! Downsizing is sooooo difficult.....!!!! (just like trying to downsize my body!!!!!)

That took most of the day!!!! And there is still sooooooooooooo much more to do. How....when.....where to keep it??????

The 1st Lady went to Farmington for dinner tonight with friends who are teachers who meet each month for dinner and drinks and conversation. They always have a great time......and I don't have to fix a meal!!! So, this evening I found a program online that I downloaded and began to study Spanish....once again. I have four semesters of Spanish from college......but the mind has gone limp in remembering a lot of it. I know more Italian, German, and French than I can remember Spanish.......and I never studied any of those three formally. Just learned them by being in Europe soooo many times.....twelve times to be honest!! Spanish and Italian are sooo similiar......I get confused as to which one I am practicing...hahaha. But....always enjoyed languages and with soooo many people now speaking different languages in the U.S......it is time to relearn some of these. Plus.....we intend to spend some time in Mexico in the next year or two......driving TheHowserHouse down there for a winter or two.

I could elaborate about my very postive feelings concerning others in our country speaking a foreign language......I see nothing wrong with it. Why should we be the ONLY country where only one language is spoken......even in England there are sooooo many from other countries living there....Africa countries, India, etc.,.....that you are always hearing other languages being spoken on the street, etc., etc. It is a global community today........and isolationism will do us NO GOOD!!! Besides.......learning of other cultures first hand right here can bring us nothing but the best of the entire world......it is a wonderful world with wonderful people and cultures and the more diverse we become the more we learn and the more open our minds become to all others!!!!!! OK.....I will get off of my internationalism soapbox!! ( I feel VERY strongly about this issue!!!!)

So, after a busy and tiring day......I will close and as always.....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!
(If you don't think BIG......nothing BIG will happen!)

No comments: