Monday, January 30, 2006

DAMN....my moving muscles are getting stiff tonight!

Oh yeah.......today was the day to move the heavy.....repeat: HEAVY.....furniture. THANK GOD....I had some great help from three wonderful friends....a neighbor and two former students of several years ago. I was up early and carrying out stacks of books, boxes, smaller furniture such as lights, small tables, etc., etc., etc. and etc.

They arrived before noon and we had a VERY tall solid wood bookcase that had to be moved....the king size bed, the 1st Lady's dresser, end tables, a heavy 36" tv and stand(which included the VCR, DVD, cable box, and Tivo box and all the cables/cords that were attached, some chairs, and moving two other sofas/love seats, another big chair, and then the grand piano...which had to be lifted and carried across the living room and re-positioned. Not certain which was the worst....the piano or the large tv!!

Then all afternoon I continued to move the "stuff" that was in the bedroom/closet and the tv room......all going to the garage or piled in the back garden room and in the den/office. It is a intense obstacle course now just to get to anything that is necessary: water the plants, get to the guest room and bed(ours for the duration of this construction phase). Impossible to even get to the back slider door that leads to the patio!!!

Sooo, as I sit here I am realizing as the minutes go by.....my muscles and legs are beginning to cramp.....hmmm, thought my weight lifting would not allow that to happen......guess I am not using all my lifting muscles during my exercising! Popped a couple of Excedrin awhile ago.....hope it helps soon!

Of course....the move of the tv/tivo.....screwed up the settings!! Not supposed to do that, BUT....it did!!! Still working on it..........hmmmm, seems I remember the amount of time it took to get it going back about a month ago.

Soooo, tomorrow the crew arrives and we will see their plan of attack. I have blankets and sheets to cover the items that need to be "dust free"....if possible. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...... Soooo, as usual,

Life is Great(even tho I am getting a bit sore).........and I hope it is "Great" for you, also.

No comments: