Tuesday, January 03, 2006

NOT in retirement mode today.....

Yeah......today was a BUSY day here on the home front at TheHowserHouse. Jay had left 5 dress shirts hanging in the laundry room when he left here on Saturday.....so old Dad had to get them mailed to him ASAP. He had washed them, so I ironed them and then headed to the Post Office to purchase one of their shipping boxes. It took me 30 minutes of standing in line just to buy the box!!! And then....back to the house to put the shirts in it and tape it up for shipping......and back to the Post Office to mail it......and ANOTHER 30 minute wait in line to get to get it weighed and postage attached. Did someone say the Christmas rush was over???? I think NOT!!!

From there to the SuperCenter to purchase some veggies for a salad for tonight. Home AGAIN....and it was time to get the Christmas tree taken apart and put away for another year. The 1st Lady had removed all the tree decorations and packed them away, however most of the other decorations inside had to be put away. That took some of the afternoon......and then.....it was time to study the diagrams and instructions to get the new TiVo hooked up and activated. UGH........just to activate it took almost 45 minutes on the tellie.....I HAD to talk to a human being about the gift subscriptions Dr. Jeni had given to us. Then came the job of hooking it up to the cable box and tv. Well.......AFTER I finally got the tv cabinet moved with the 197 lb tv on top of hit....I had to spend an hour just going thru all the cables and cords from the tv, the dvd player, the vcr player and the cable box.....DAMN!!! Oh yeah....there were still old cables/cords from the old monsterous satellite that came with the house when we bought it.......and they were snaked up behind the cabinet.

FINALLY......I got it all straightened out and began the job of hooking it up. Well......I AM technologically challenged, but......after reading the instructions ONE WORD AT A TIME and thinking about what they said.....I DID IT!!! However......I had no color on the screen when the Tivo was turned on and all of the downloading from the phone was completed. Sooooo....I redid it all again.....and then started reading on the TIVO website online and did that for a couple of hours attempting to locate my problem.

Fixed a quick salad for dinner.....pretty damn good....been missing those salads after all of the eating of rich Holiday foods (politically correct, huh??). Then after more reading, I called the Tivo Service Center and held onto the phone for 27 minutes before I reached a human. But.....I got the color problem corrected with changing one cord/cable around....the S-video cable needed to be changed.

Now....the volume on the Tivo remote does not work.....oh well. I can do without that and just use the tv remote when need be. I have programed a show for tomorrow to be recorded.....we'll see if it works!!

So, I am exhausted from all of this house cleaning and tech crap that took up the ENTIRE day. Didn't even get to take my 2 miles walk to the Lake and back....and it turned out to be a wonderful warm day.

Until tomorrow...........

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: