Thursday, January 26, 2006

An even busier day!!!!

Yesterday I wrote about such a busy day that I had.....and in the process neglected to mention a very important fact......a very important part of my Life......having an hour and a cappuccino with Michael Goldsmith....the former student of mine who was my replacement when I retired almost FIVE years ago. It was a great visit.....since it had been weeks since we had found the compatible time to get together....we wished each other a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays!!! There is always sooooo much to talk about when we are together.....and there is NEVER enough time to fully discuss the family news, our lives, and our thoughts on the status of the world......it always seems like being served an appetizer when it should have been large enough for the main course. Ahhhh....isn't Life like that always.....just never enough time to do all that you wish you could do......soooo, you just keep going back for more.

Today....well, our stick/brick HowserHouse is squeaky clean.....thanks to this sagging 62 year old guy. I was on my knees actually scrubbing the floor in the kitchen, dusting all the crap we have sitting around, sucking up the dirt on the carpets, washing the counters, all of the containers on the counters, the microwave, etc., etc......oh yeah....polished the bathroom. About 5.5 hours of elbow grease was expended for this 1.5 hour sorority meeting at our house this evening........hmmmmm, and to think that tomorrow I begin pulling everything out of three rooms for the remodeling project. Before long the dust will be flying and landing with loud thuds on everything that is not covered.

I managed to sneak away to the local lumber company to check out their showers, glass doors, and vanities which they sell. Not sure if I will use them.....just depends on what I find in Farmington in the morning. I saw one that I rather liked....but the 1st Lady has to approve also....before I buy.

The evening's meeting here went well.........the 1st Lady, myself, and a few others put on a small little skit which is just hilarious. We saw it performed at our fall Cedar Creek RV Club rally last September, and so I got a copy of it, knowing that we could use it at some point in time. It was great fun performing it.....and one that EVERYONE really likes......and rolls on the floor laughing.

I have to make my reservations for Memphis, TN.....for the National Cedar Creek RV Owners Club national rally. It will be in April.....and much to my disppointment, the 1st Lady will not be able to go....she has a competition with one of her science teams that she "coaches". Sooooo, it will be just me in TheHowserHouse on wheels for a few days just outside Memphis.

As I stated above......this was an even busier day than yesterday. Now....tomorrow???? Well......I should probably get started on tomorrow RIGHT NOW!!! Won't get it all done.....I know. I still have to line up some guys who can give me a hand....well,....several hands....when it comes time to lifet the grand piano and carry it from the living room into the dining room. I will NOT roll it across our hardwood floors.....nooooo way!!

But.....not matter how busy I am......

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

I know what you mean about being busy. Seems like every time we turn around there is something else needs to be done. Remodeling is amost as bad as building a house, the same mess and noise.


Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Larry