Monday, January 09, 2006

Nothing unusual today.....

For some strange reason, my aging body was awake by 5:30 this morning.....UGH!!! Should have got online and visited with some of the Creeker members of the RV Club I belong to........a VERY few of them get up before the chickens .....UGH!!! I did that for years and years when I was teaching and holding early band rehearsals!!!

My Tivo didn't record a show last night after I went to bed. Sooooo, back to the manuals and to the support groups online this morning.....about two hours worth of research. But.......guess what?!!! I had been turning off my cable box along with my tellie......dumb ass me!!!! Damn old age brain......it just has more and more brain farts all the time! All I needed to do was to leave the cable box turned on.....I experimented mid-morning today and ....YEAH, it works!! HAHAHA.....this Christmas gift might make me a bit more literate with technology ( I HOPE!).

Now....I STILL can't get it to record and allow me to watch another channel at the same time. Any help from some of you readers????? I have a digital cable box.....not satellite/dish. Soooo, if some of you know the trick, let me know, please.

Late morning today I took off for Farmington to visit my "hairdresser".......I like to go to the same one because she has learned how to EXACTLY trim and position my 69 hairs on my head. I always call to see if she is working before I go up there. Then.....did a bit of shopping: I had to get a 2006 planner, plus a few groceries. I have been absolutely lost without my planner.....with all of the brain farts going on upstairs under my 69 hairs, I MUST have a planner book to keep everything going along smoothly (HAHA).

Returned mid-afternoon and spent the rest of the afternoon working on the Tivo record and watch problem. Then I thawed out three good sized breasts.....errrr, chicken breasts....and then I threw together a cassarole: chicken breasts which I had lightly browned in olive oil which I infused with some garlic, I also patted the breasts(gently) with some Middle Eastern paprika which I picked up at a Turkish market last spring......I then put rice, garlic, fresh mushrooms, fresh broccoli, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth into the cassarole dish and laid the chicken on top. Baked this for almost an hour and then covered the chicken with some freshly grated cheese and put it back into the oven for a minute. I had earlier fixed some appetizers: toasted some small halves of the Tuscan Boule and rubbed a garlic glove on each slice, and after marinating some Roma tomatoes for about three hours in Sea Salt and EVO (extra virgin olive oil), I put two slices on each piece of bread and inserted a slim piece of mozzarella cheese between the slices of tomatoes. I had some Italian parsley STILL growing in my herb garden and so I chopped up some and sprinkled it over the toast and tomatoes and cheese. YUM......this entire little menu was wonderful tonight. Of course, I had to have my dark red medicine enhance the flavors of the meal!!

Tonight.....well, watched a bit of tellie as I surfed the RV forums to research tv satellite programs for TheHowserHouse (on wheels). I need to get something going on this......spring and summer and our extended travels which will be ALMOST full-timing will be here sooner than we think. We need to get signed up for a satellite dish program: Direc or Dish.....so that we can have television service while we travel. Also needing internet service rather than just use my cell phone, which isn't always a possibility in certain locations.

Did watch "The Bachelor" tonight.....hahaha. Such girls they pick for that show!!! There were two from Overland Park, KS.....ala western Kansas City. And the "Bachelor" is from St Louis.....graduated from Parkway West HS. It was a good show for some laughs!!!! (don't forget to watch "The Book of Daniel" Friday pm).

Sooo, another day passed by in my Life...a relaxing day. Appears that the weather is changing for a day or so.....possible snow flurries tomorrow here. I can handle "flurries".....just don't need any more of the white stuff than that.

And so....... as ususal......

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: