Friday, January 06, 2006

Waiting....and waiting.....and waiting....

Oh yeah....the above is soooo true for today. It all started when I attempted to get a meds prescription filled yesterday afternoon for the 1st Lady. The local pharmacy didn't have the meds needed.......migraine meds. So, I was told to return today. I did.....this morning...and nope, they hadn't arrived yet. Soooo, after drinking my Fr Roast coffee....three cups this morning while waiting.......I returned to the pharmacy and again was turned away as it had not arrived.

So shortly after lunch I went to the SuperCenter to pick up a chicken and some cables to make another connection to my Tivo/cable box. I also had to make a payment on a monthly WM credit card bill, but when I went to the Service desk.....the line was HUGE. I waited for 35 minutes before I reached the counter and then their computer locked up!!! Soooo, I went on over and checked out and paid for my purchases and left......rather heated from the long wait in the line to pay for my chicken, etc., etc. I had to wait there for almost 30 minutes!!!!!! Over an hour of waiting in line!!!!

Then I had to pay the utility bill at the City Hall......and upon driving down the street to the office and looking around...there were NO parking spaces to be seen!!!! Soooo, off I went to the pharmacy and this time I was successful......her meds were there. And then it was back to the City Hall, where I found a place to park my huge towing machine..and got that bill paid. Amount of time spent???? Over two hours just to go across town and back.......DAMN!!!!!

Better luck as the afternoon wore on: I prepared a great little healthy dinner this evening. Broasted a chicken (the one that took soooo long to pay for at SuperCenter), fixed some brown rice, and steamed some great veggies: broccoli, cauliflower florets, and carrots. The rice and veggies were then put together and to serve as a beautiful colored bed for the chicken which I had seasoned highly with lemon pepper. A fresh loaf of Tuscan Boule bread....a round loaf.....and glasses of red medicine to assist with the digestion of this flavorful and perfectly prepared meal. Sooooo beautiful....and sooooo very delicious!!!

Tonight.....well, if you didn't catch on NBC the new series, "The Book of Daniel"....well, you need to catch up if you can!!!! Soooo good with sooooo many twists and some great humor. It reminds me of Desparate Housewives.......sooo many little stories swirling around each character in the show. This is one to try if you didn't see it.

Soooo, as I chuckle again from a few of the humorous lines in "The Book of Daniel", I will truthfully say......

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: