Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another gloomy gray day...

The weather roller coaster went down the hill into the bottom gulley today......and tomorrow, well.....it is going up and back into the sunlight and warmer atmosphere. With this constant up and down.....it is quite a wonder that everyone is not suffering from colds and respiratory ailments. YUK!!!

OMG.....I watched our tivo'd recording of Sunday night's "24"!!!! WOW.....what an intense and well edited show....really had me on the edge of my chair and speeding thru the commercials to get back to the story!! I can't wait until the next episode......whew!!

Oh yeah.....I AM getting hooked on some of these tv shows......and this comes as a BIG surprise to this old man!! I have never just felt like I HAD to watch certain shows......is this OLD age??? Huh??? Is this what growing old is all about????.........waiting for the next show to occupy your mind which is missing soooo many brain cells??? Have my "high" ideals and the love for intellectual literature slipped from my mind and body??? Or what????? HELP.....this frightens me!!!

After recovering from two hours of tivo'd "24".....I was so tense that I got on my running shoes and ran IN PLACE for about 10 minutes.....looking out the large windows of our garden room ....only to see gray and gloomy skys and vistas being assaulted by blustery winds. UGH!!!!!

The afternoon soon slipped into a very, very weak sunset as the gray clouds began to lift. And then it was time for a light supper of turkey breast and provolone cheese on Tuscan Boule bread with a glass of dark red medicine.

Our contractor then arrived and we discussed, measured, made a couple of phone calls to the plumber, and took down other numbers of custom cabinet makers. He was here about an hour and suddenly this seems really over-whelming. He is ready to begin next Monday.......WOW.....we have soooo much to do: two rooms of furniture to be placed somewhere else, and a HUGE walkin closet to be emptied. My body is already screaming in pain with just the thoughts of all of this........and WE HAVEN'T EVEN ORDERED OUR HARD HATS AS YET!!!!!

Soooooo, with all of this wallowing through my mind and with me about to go into overload, I will still say.....

Life is Great....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: