Friday, January 13, 2006

Is this the North Pole???

BRRRRRRR, the cold winds of the northlands blew in here today, along with miserable cold drizzle and then snow flurries followed that. I tried to harness TheHowserHouse to the winds to get me south quickly, however....it didn't move!! Soooo, here I sit with the winds howling outside our stick and brick and I realize it is time to get my aging hulk to bed.

Andrew Gipson, a former student of mine who is now the Asst Band Director at Edwardsville HS, Illinois, called me at the ungodly hour of 6AM this morning to inform me that his band was performing on one of the STL tv channels at 6:30AM!!!!!! Soooo, I hauled my ass out of bed and turned on the coffee maker and then tv....in that order(see where my preferences are???hehehe). But, I watched their performances in the their gym.....the tv station was focusing on their high school this morning.

Then at 8am I had to take my truck out to the Ford dealer to have a new windshield installed today. A year and a half ago it had cracked from HEAT one summer day when I didn't crack the windows.....so it cracked itself!! Then this past summer I was hit by a "boulder" from a dump truck which left a huge imprint on the windshield....and then it began to crack and spread. Sooooo, it was time to get a new one. It was two hours later when one of the mechanics brought me home......ugh.

From that time on I spent doing some more satellite tv/internet research online, along with working on getting some reservation info. We are running up to Chicago the last weekend of this month......for DINNER!!!
Yep....think I mentioned that one of my favorite German restaurants is closing after serving incredible German cuisine for 107 years, and it is shutting its doors the last day of Frebruary. Soooo, four of us are driving up there on the last Saturday of this month, do a bit of shopping on the Miracle Mile and then having dinner that evening at The Berghoff. We will stay overnight........go to the Art Museum or some other place on Sunday, and drive back down here late that afternoon. Soooo,I was trying to get a good price on some good hotels on the Miracle Mile for that night. We ALL love....really love Chicago....and especially the Miracle Mile right downtown. It is just FANTASTIC!!!!

Then we have about decided to go to San Diego for that long 4-5 day weekend in February. HAVE to use those free Northwest Airline vouchers to go somewhere and since we have only spent one hurried day in San Diego a few years ago, we thought we would fly out there and enjoy the city, what it has to offer, and then run over to Mexico for a day. Just searching for the best flight schedule each way......I don't want to fly all over the country having to stop and change planes more than once. Then working on getting a decent hotel with selling the house!!

Then this evening we ran up to Farmington to take advantage of our anniversary "gift" from The Pasta House......one free diner with one paid dinner. Sooooo, the 1st Lady and I had Shrimp Garazzini......try it sometime....it is really good. Shrimp in a butter/lemon sauce accompanied with small mushrooms......yummmmm!!!!

Tomorrow we are off to St Charles for the day, then to the Moser Estate to spend the night with Dr. Jeni and family, and then back into St Louis to attend the St Louis RV show on Sunday. A planned and busy weekend!!!
And then the week begins again.........

Soooo, until tomorrow evening ( I hope their wireless internet works).........

Life is Great......and I hope for all of you, also.

No comments: