Tuesday, January 24, 2006

YES.....I am OK!!!!

WOW.....sooooo many have written to see if something had happened to me.....all because I didn't write a few lines of my thoughts last night!!! Hey.......all of you out there in the cyberspace we all share......THANKS for being so concerned. Had I been ill or something not-so-good had happened........well, it is nice to know that so many of you really care.

Yesterday was a day of almost absolutely nothing.....yep...nothing. There was not really anything happening in my life except.....breathing...and thank God, it continued all day and night. Soooo, when I awakened this morning, I decided I had better make something happen. Watched the Today Show as I sipped my steaming cup of Fr. Roast....the beans had just been ground by my dependable Krups coffee grinder.....and then I had a couple of errands to do, so I went out to the high school and sat in the teacher's lounge during the first lunch shift and visited with some of the faculty. After that......I was off to Farmington to get the oil changed on the 1st Lady's car......as we have a 800-900 mile weekend coming up.

Returning to F'town, I ran by the house for a few minutes and then I had a meeting at the Madison County Coffee Company. This is a rather new business....about 2 years old....and it continues to improve and thrive....much to my excited surprise! I would never have thought that soooo many here would pay the prices that specialty coffees cost, but.....they do....and that keeps the business going.....and for that I am very glad!!! As I said, I had a meeting....with the owner who has decided to run for Mayor of F'town. She wanted to pick my brain about campaigns.....and get my thoughts on these things, knowing that I had run for the Missouri House of Representatives in '04. So, we talked and thought and discussed the next two months.....and threw out some ideas to think about for her campaign and her possibilities of winning (which I hope she will!!).

The 1st Lady had to do her yearly duty of selling tickets at the high school basketball game, so she didn't get up here on the hill to the stick/brick HowserHouse until almost 8:30pm. I had TiVo'd American Idol so I ran it backwards to show her those that had been given the pass on to Hollywood. What a crew of untalented, but brazen young people there were at the auditions who, thank goodness, didn't make the cut.

Another little chore that I worked on this afternoon: returning to the walk-in closet and my tons of clothes that I haven't worn/used for a year or more and deciding exactly what I am going to do with them.......give them away or throw them away. The pile gets higher and heavier.......slacks, dress shirts(a bit faded) and many sweaters from years past that are no longer stylistic correct. Hmmmm, is that the correct way of saying it?? HAHA. I have not yet started on my collection of neckware/ties......and there are at least 150 of them hanging in there. THIS IS REAL DOWNSIZING!!!! Perhaps I need to give a few classes on just how to go about this task????

I am really getting concerned that I am becoming more and more hooked on some tv shows.....something I haven't done for......well,...years and years. Tonight.....we watched Boston Legal....which we have found ourselves watching for the past few weeks.....and each week, the hooks go in a little deeper. Pretty soon I will become a very LARGE couch potato!!!

It appears from the weather forecast that the weather in Chicago for this approaching weekend is going to be a COLD rain. But.......that will not stop this aging old man from enjoying the Miracle Mile/Michigan Avenue....and the wonderful German cuisine on Saturday night. We made more plans for Sunday........to stop at the new IKEA store in the southern suburbs of Chicago. I went to the store in Phoenix last year.....and it was really an exciting couple of hours......sooooooo damn much to see in those huge stores!!!!

Tomorrow........another meeting at the coffee shop in the city center of F'town. Then a scheduled meeting at 2pm with a group of local town shakers and movers concerning the upcoming spring election of city officials. Following that, my group of pupils will be here for there private music instruction.....and an hour later the contractor will be here to discuss the layout for our new bathroom. Soooo, all in all.....a very busy day for this "retired" sagging hulk of a former band director.

Again.......I appreciate all of you.....and as always,

Life IS Great......and I certainly hope it is for all of you, also!!

2 comments:

cappy said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog.thanks for sharing. Thats what we love about blogland it gives us little peeks into other family worlds.

Anonymous said...

That Tivo system has caused my wife to watch more TV than ever. It seems like Dr. Phil is on every time I look at the TV!