Thursday, December 29, 2005

OMG....those "White Russians" really did me in!!

Hmmmm....let's see....how old am I???? At age 62+ you would think that I would KNOW not to take on sooooo many of those White Russians all at one time!!!!! They beat the hell out of me....it took me most of the day to recover from that onslaught of those Russians last night.....whew.....and my head is still pounding from them. Of course......those Russians were followed by a bottle of champagne for the 1st Lady and I to celebrate the downing of them, so the celebration just simply DID ME IN!!!! HAHAHA......live and learn John Howser!!! But......the 1st Lady fought the battle with them also.....all night long......but she didn't get "hit" as hard as I did, so she recovered quicker than I......could it be that she is 3.5 years younger than I am????? SURE......that IS it!

I stayed in a chair or on a sofa most of the day. Then this afternoon we watched the DVD..."Cinderella Man". WOW....what an intense ending to this movie. If you haven't seen it......it is worth renting. The "extras" that are on the DVD.....watch them, also......as there are some interesting details there as far as the history of the REAL man. I really, really enjoyed the full DVD of this movie!!

This evening we are preparing to head to NE Missouri, just west of Hannibal, to spend the weekend with the 1st Lady's mother. Her sister is coming over from Highland, KS, so we will have a couple of days together to visit and talk about our own respective Christmas Days.

When I am go up there I am in a cyberspace void......I cannot get cell phone service which means no blog posting unless I can piggyback onto someone's WiFi around town. It is just being isolated on some desert island or out in a Survivor jungle........it is hard to survive without my daily dose of international newspapers and writing this little cyber-diary.

I threw together some of my oh-sooo-good cookies that I baked prior to Christmas.....plan to take them with us for the weekend. Jeremy/Jay is still here with us.....he took the entire week off from the campaign he is running in SW Indiana.......it is a Congressional candidate's campaign that he is the manager of. He has some New Year's parties to attend in St Louis Saturday, so he is staying here at the house. He plans to return to Evansville Sunday afternoon from STL.

Well, for all of you that are daily readers of this journalistic journey......just in case I can't get online, I hope that everyone has a safe....a fun....and a very Happy New Year!!!! And, as always.......

Life is GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: