Monday, December 19, 2005

Quickly....the day flew away....

WOW.....time is going soooo quickly.....my Life is going faster!! This morning was a day to finish up the Christmas/Holiday cards and get them mailed. OF COURSE, I didn't have nearly enough stamps so off to the Post Office I went. Parked the truck, and up the stairs until I saw that the people standing at the top were standing IN LINE to get to the one lonely postal employee who was working behind the counter......ONE employee!!!! 28 minutes later I had my stamps in hand and was paying for them.....and then stamped each envelope and was on my way. BUT, the line was still stretching to the cold, breezy outside........

Then.....back to the stick and brick and several hours of research on antivirus programs for computers. Mine went by the wayside......after only using four months of my renewal!!! NO tech support from Symantec Norton......no help at all. Soooo, last Friday I spent almost 7 hours uninstalling the Norton program from my lappie.....leaving it open to those virulent viruses all weekend. Back to today.......I finally decided on a new software program...one that seemed to be recommended by many reviews and rating systems, along with Consumer Reports. Sooo, made my payment and then downloaded it. NOW.....let's hope it does the job that it is meant to do!!!

This evening....6pm....was the monthly Board of Education meeting. Then at 7:30, the annual Christmas dinner for board members and spouses along with the school administrators at one of the local eateries. Food was pretty good.....better than normal that is usually served at this place!!! The Board members are received a gift from the school.......all of use received a laptop carrying case/shoulder bag!! A real nice gift!!

Soooo, after a quick stop at the local SuperCenter for the 1st Lady to pick up some last minute things for some of her students, we headed back up the hill to the stick/brick. Tomorrow the school is dismissed at 11:15 in the morning for the Holidays. She then has a Doctor's appointment and then she heads to the Moser Estate to sit with Ava on Wednesday. I have a meeting at 4pm tomorrow........a meeting designed to inform us of the proposed bypass around F'town by the highway. It may come a bit close to our stick/brick.....we'll see tomorrow!!!!!

But......no matter how busy the day is......

Life is GOOD.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: