Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hmmm.....warmer in SE Missouri!!!!

Yeah....it got up to around 45 degrees today!!!!! And the forecast is for more of the same for the next 2-3 days....and possibly warmer than today. Ok.....this is more like it, especially since today was the first day of winter!! NOT ME.....I will NOT complain.

Well, I stayed awake last night, or rather in the wee hours of this morning, reading.......not sure how I did it because usually the moment my head hits a pillow, I pass out. However, I did read quite a bit last night and then I didn't get up until a not so early time this morning. Sooo, my morning passed with a hot cup of Fr Roast in my hand, reading the newspapers and checking my email.

This afternoon.....well, I had watched the Paula Dean show on the Food Network the other day and she made some cookies that really looked and sounded great. Soooo, I went to the SuperCenter, picked up some "cookie supplies" and came back and within an hour, the counters were a mess.....and there were about 4 dozen cookies on platters.....tempting me. Yeah.....they are REALLY good. TOOOO good.....at least for my calorie intake.....hahaha. But, I had to taste them from time to time to see if they were holding up laying there on those Christmas cooke platters........wanted them to not crumble, not get wimpy, etc., etc. Soooo, they had to be tested at various times during the remainder of the day!!

The 1st Lady remained at the Moser Estate today and tonight. She, too, decided to do some baking for Dr. Jeni and family and thought she would just hang out there tonight. Called a couple of times for me to read a couple of recipes over the phone for her to write down.......

This evening I pan cooked a cube steak......not anything fancy by all means, but I haven't cooked on for a LONG, LONG time. Threw some garlic cloves into the pan, floured the meat, and then seasoned the glorified hamburger. I also cut up a large portabello mushroom and threw it into the pan along with the meat.....and, WOW....were they ever great. I sliced off a big slice of Tuscan bread......a rather crusty and course bread that is fantastic!!! Put a dollop of Dijon mustard on the bread, laid the garlic encrusted steak on the bread, poured a glass of the dark red medicine and had a great meal!!!! Of course........afterwards I fixed a cup of steaming tea and tested the cookies ........again.

Soooo, with nothing on the tellie tonight, I spent most of the evening in relative quiet.......reading a novel. And now......the midnight hour approachth....and my eyes are giving out from all of the strain of reading recipes, a novel, and a bit of the tellie. And as always.....

Life is Great......and I hope is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: