Monday, December 12, 2005

A gray, cloudy day.....

WOW.....where has our sun disappeared to??? It is damp, very chilly, and just plain depressing around here....even with the Christmas (not Holiday) tree lights on. Last night I had asked this friend to call me.....well, around 10am I remembered he wasn't working today, AND.....currently does not have internet at home. Soooo, how was he supposed to know to give me a call???? Sooo, I picked up the phone and called him and we set a time for lunch. Well......as is almost always the case when we both have open schedules....we sat and ate and talked for almost 2 hours at the local Pizza Hut. It has been almost 2 months since we have each had the time to get together......so, 2 hours was probably not enough, but we managed to cram a lot of gossip, education, religion, family, trips, and plans into those couple of hours......notice I did NOT say anything about politics. We just agree to disagree.....so why have to disagree over a pleasant lunch meeting??!! HAHA.

This little blog was a topic of much talk during lunch. We dicussed the phantom reader from Thailand that checks this blog a couple of times each day. And.......to my surprise....the "mystery person" from Thailand that has been reading my blog regularly wrote me an email today from Thailand......and what a great surprise!!!!! It is Dr. Vinai and his wife from here in F'town who are spending the winter in Thailand with relatives and friends from their early life there. It is soooo good to hear from them......he is/was not only our family physician, but good friends who accompanied me on a tour to Europe a few years ago. I am sooo jealous of them spending the Missouri cold winters over in Thailand where it is nice and warm!!!!!

Tomorrow.....well, I am running up to the city (STL) to do a bit of quick shopping: the 1st Lady's birthday is this Friday as well as Christmas next week, AND our 34th anniversary is the 28th of this month!! ALWAYS an expensive month for this old man!!! Then tomorrow evening I will be going on out to Washington, MO to the Moser Estate as Meghan is in her very first school Christmas program......kindergarten class!! Sooo, I must lay out the camera for this premier performance and first stage debut!!!!!

Not only did I hear today from the "mystery man" from Thailand....but also two former students who have been reading this little group of rambling thoughts. It is always such a cool thing to hear from the many, many former students of mine.......nice to know that their thoughts about this aging old man are sooo full of positives and greatfulness. Teaching does have many uncountable rewards.....

Soooo.....with such a fun and positive day.......I will close, and as always......

Life is GREAT!!! And for all of you, I hope the same, also!!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Ah... just figured out how to comment on yours....heh heh.