Sunday, December 04, 2005

Decorating Day....and a voice from the past

Yep......time to get ready for the Holidays, which means digging out the red, green, and silver ornaments, etc., etc.......and attempting to find all of the storage boxes and containers in the garage ...which is still not yet back in order......one more coat of paint to get done. So.....the stick and brick is in one horrific mess this evening with empty boxes/containers laying around the floor just waiting for me to pick them up and return them to the garage for about 3-4 weeks. The tree is still topless: the 1st Lady likes to wrap the lights around the branches for each layer as I put them into the tree "trunk". And......we ran out of lights today so the top two layers of the tree and the very top are not yet part of the tree......does all of this crap make sense to you???? Sorry about that.......anyway, I have to run to Farmington in the morning to get some more lights as our wonderful, marvelous, new SuperCenter( the model for stores to be built) does not have any more Christmas tree lights!!!!!! Can you believe it??

Wow.....that was one huge paragraph with many topics included, wasn't it?? The day has been dreary, cloudy, cold, and generally miserable as I carried all of the above named crap into the house (baa...humbug). Two trips to the SuperCenter this afternoon/evening....I am about done with this decorating. Just one run up to Farmington in the morning.......hmmm.

Soooo, I am sitting here with this warm little lappie doing some surfing, and I get an email that is from no one that I recognize even tho the subject mentions "from the past". I hesitated to open it up.....don't want any damn virus.....but I took a chance and there was an email from another former student.......a trumpet player in the band from the middle 1980's!!! He is using a different name....perhaps his middle one....I can't remember. Anyway....it was soooo good to hear from him after sooooooo many years. In a few very brief sentences he told just a bit about his life, including having lived in Moscow, Russia and another little former Soviet country. All this did was to create more questions in my mind about him and his life.....so I'm looking forward to hearing more from him!!!! Do you hear that Lane/Darren.....whatever!!!

And with that, I am going to have some hot tea and close this uninteresting little posting of another day in my Life.

Oh yeah.......I am having soooo many emails about the 1st Lady's "stolen" jewelry...a quick update: upon returning last night she discovered that she was also missing a solid gold necklace that I bought for her in a gold shop in Florence, Italy,...on one of my trips to Europe. Soooo, after calling the hotel this morning...the Manager was not there.....so I will have to get hold of her tomorrow morning. I made it VERY CLEAR that I would be calling in the morning and she needed to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo, the saga continues.....

Once again: LIFE IS GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: