Friday, December 16, 2005

A LONG day online......

OMG.....am I ever tired of sitting at my desk, in a chair, spending ALL day working on a glitch in my anti virus program.....Norton. I can't figure how many hours I have been online today......but almost from the middle of the morning until late afternoon. The entire Norton Anti-Virus program needed to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. Well.......sounds simple, but with all of the tentacles that the program has reaching into unknown nooks and crannies in my computer programs.....well, to follow all of the instructions, which needed to be printed out as the computer had to be restarted numerous uncounted times, and then following more instructions with each click of the "mouse"......the story continues, but I will not use the language that I was using in the privacy of my study as the day wore down!!! Anyway......I am currently without any anti virus program, living in sin and with possibility of being viciously attacked by strange, lurking viruses that are floating out there in cyberspace just gathering forces for the attack!!!! Well....enough of this crap with a capital S.....and I will bring closure to this discussion.

Today was the 1st Lady's birthday......the correct one I will not divulge, however, I will say she sure does not look her age!!!!!!!!!!!! And that is a compliment to the highest degree! So, I had red roses delivered to the classroom this morning and then this evening we dined at a new contemporary restaurant in Farmington. Her dinner was better than mine, from what she decided. My fillet was overdone and I should have sent it back to the chef as it was not as I had ordered it. But, being the nice guy that I am, I took small bites and chewed each little bite THOROUGHLY to eliminate choking from the dryness of this fillet. The dressing on the salad, bleu cheese, was way to heavy and thick, leaving a strong after taste at the finish of the salad.....AND....God forbid, the coffee after the meal was horrendous!!!! With the bill coming to $75.00, I thought about speaking to the waiter about these things, but then thought better of it as he would have just written it off as a few negative and nasty remarks from some old man who was feeling very crotchity (sp?)!! Besides, tonight wasn't about me or my dinner, but about the 1st Lady having an enjoyable evening......and when I complain, she gets upset and embarrassed. (Surely she is getting used to it???) hahaha.

Ok.....THAT was my negative, tiring day!! One of the few that I have had in recent memory!!!!! But no matter about all of the above because........

Life IS Good.....and I hope it is for all of you during this Holiday Season, too!!

(I will be in Hannibal tomorrow and most of Sunday for the 1st Lady's family's Christmas gathering and celebration. I think the Quality hotel has wifi........but, should be able to post anyway thru my cell phone.)

No comments: