Thursday, December 01, 2005

What a day...!!

Up rather early so the 1st Lady and the other science teacher who came with us could get to the National Conference meetings/sessions. I then went over to the Opry Mills Shopping Mall as there was a Barnes & Noble there and I thought I could get some GOOD coffee. However........my body went into "lack of caffeine shock" as they didn't open until 10AM!!!!! They have NO idea how much business they missed by not allowing John Howser inside at 8:30 this morning!!!!!!!!! My mouth and body were just going into spasms for a GOOD cup of cappuccino this morning......DAMN!!! Sooooo, I did my morning exercise and walked the Mall with many other gray haired and balding senior citizens in their white tennis shoes. ONE of them had a cup of coffee and after walking about a mile, I finally found a place open in the mall that had some black....well, sort of black....coffee.

The rest of the morning....after 10AM I walked and shopped. The 1st Lady met me late morning and we did some Christmas shopping. Had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe........it was quite good!! Then some more shopping until late afternoon when we went back to the hotel to refresh our aging, sagging bodies. Then....it was off to the Nashville Science Center for BBQ, beer, wine and an evening of "open house" at the Center for the Conference attendees and spouses. Music was provided by local struggling bands who need exposure in this city of "music wannabees"....and it was really enjoyable. BUT......this Center does not even hold a candle in comparison with the St Louis Science Center!!!!! The exhibits were a bit disappointing, to say the least.

The Gaylord Hotel is magnificent!!!!! The pictures posted below can't do it justice.....not at all!!! The walking grape vine was like something out of Cirque de Soleil (sp?). She was incredible.......just jaw dropping in the artistic and very smooth way she walked and clinged to lamp posts and other hotel architectural decorations. The Riverwalk brings back memories of San Antonio.....only on a smaller scale. I am really impressed with this huge facility!!!!! I checked to see if we could bring the family down for the week between Christmas and New Year's weekend.......HA!!! What a stupid idea of mine!!!! They are booked solid.....1200 rooms....during that week!!!!!! UNREAL!!!! Oh well.......plan ahead, John!!

Sooooo, this was a very busy and packed day......but......

Life is GREAT (I am traveling/sight-seeing).....and I hope for all of you, too!!!!!

No comments: