Monday, June 01, 2009

June 1, 2009: WOW.....the warmth of yesterday turned into the HOT of today!!!

Oh yeah......it was at least 90 degrees here today.....and that was the middle of the afternoon when I last checked it out. A beautiful day, but just a wee bit toooo hot....for this sagging hulk of me!!

The morning was gorgeous.......and I enjoyed my Fr. Roast coffee and a slice of Banana Bread out on the patio.....the concrete still shiny here and there with the broken glass from the patio table, which was broken in the inland hurricane. Yep....I have swept it...and swept it....and swept it some more, but still this shattered glass table top shows up in tiny, tiny little pieces. But....I did have my coffee outside.....and it was really enjoyable!

Later in the morning.....I made a supposedly quick trip to WalMart.....and it turned out to be about an hour before I returned to the stick and brick. Don't know why.....but each time I go out there, it ALWAYS takes me longer than it should to work my way through that small "supercenter". Hmmmm.......I need to learn how to do a quick trip out there and back.....!!

I spent a bit of time outside......checking on some things, picking up more small branches/twigs/sticks, etc., etc.........and then later this afternoon, after the sun had gone behind the stick/brick, I watered the 1st Lady's "new grass" which she works sooooo hard to get to grow.

All day long I waited and waited and waited to hear from the adjuster that I have been assigned to call from Ohio concerning my claims for the damage to the RV. Did she call?? Of course NOT! Why should I expect anything different....huh??? I do not have good luck with insurance adjusters. Today, I received a phone call from Shelter Insurance and they wanted to come by and look at the truck.......sure it was to check and see that the auto body owner was not bull shitting them about the scratches and damages which I received during the storm. And....after about 5-7 minutes of looking it over, they agreed that it was badly scratched and needed to be repainted!

OH!!!!! I got around to washing the large "picture" window in the front of the house....and guess what!!!! Another damaged window.....there is a nick and scratch on the window that came from the storm!!!! Soooooo, back to the adjuster(ess) from State Farm Ins......whenever I can get my claim "re-opened" and she returns to the stick and brick!!!!!

And sooooo, the day is gone, the trees/branches/ piles of logs and brush are still on our street on everybody's curb on both sides of the streets.......Day 25 of this crap blocking the street and making traffic a danger for everyone!!!! Am I getting testy about this issue????? You're DAMNED RIGHT I am!!!!!

Ahhhhh........let's end this little post with a better positive mood than in the paragraphs above....OK????? It was a beautiful day.......I really had nothing better to do than hang out and wait for phone calls......and just enjoy the day....which I did!!!!

And as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

1 comment:

d2reid said...

John, have patience with the folks removing the debris. If you have time find the "clearing" location they are taking all the trees and branches to. It is an eye opener to see the volume of debris that occurs in a bad storm.

It took us nearly 2 months before they came and got the first load from our neighborood after the hurricanes. The county set up some land, hired contract refuse haulers, and contracted a large outfit to "process" the vegetation debris left.

About 6 months after the storm most of the neighborhood looked better for the good cleaning that mother nature had provided.

Dallas